Linksys SPA-3102 Can't Receive Incomming Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michael880308, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael880308

Hi everyone:
    I know this has been asked for many times and I've already read many discussions on this board, still doesn't solve the problem.
    Still, it appears "Rinning" on the "Info" tab on spa-3102 but no respond on the 3CX Server even no any logs of the call, the gaetway line still appears green light, I even turned of the firewall but no use, the Syslog appears this when incoming call:

09-13-2009 16:10:56 Local2.Debug 192.168.0.11 FXO:Start CNDD

then nothing else, when call end, the folling appears:

09-13-2009 16:12:58 Local2.Debug 192.168.0.11 CC:Clean Up
    09-13-2009 16:12:25 Local2.Debug 192.168.0.11 FXO:Stop CNDD
    09-13-2009 16:12:25 Local2.Debug 192.168.0.11 AUD:Stop PSTN Tone
    09-13-2009 16:12:25 Local3.Debug 192.168.0.11 FXO:On Hook
    09-13-2009 16:12:25 Local2.Debug 192.168.0.11 AUD:Stop PSTN Tone

I had already followed the guide on 3CX site and did evering it says, PSTN line appears "Registered" and outbound call is working fine, the normal PSTN line voltage is between: -51v~-52v, when call comes it changes like this: -51~-128~11~-51(maybe this helps). Could someone PLEASE help me because it's driving me CRAZY!
    Best Regards.

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    this volts because it's rings
    do you have anothe analog devices on the same line
    any way reduce Line-In-Use Voltage to 10
    also change pstn port to 5062

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's not necessary to change the port to 5062 as long as both devices within the 3102 (The FXS and FXO) are both using different ports, like 5060 and 5061, which I believe is the default. Have you gone into the PSTN tab>VoIP to PSTN to VoIP Gateway Setup>PSTN Ring through line 1... and set that to no? The factory default is yes and if line 1 is enabled it will try sending incoming calls from the PSTN to the FXS port after the delay specified in PSTN Ring thru Delay.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Don't forget to tell the SPA3102 where to send calls. On the PSTN line configuration, you need to enter something like (S0<:10014>) in dial plan 8, where 10014 is the ID number of the gateway. Otherwise the gateway will not be able to route incoming calls to the 3CX. I wonder whether that might be the problem?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

All, I have also installed an SPA-3102 to replace an SPA-3000. Whilst it is working fine, I also cannot get a call inbound via the PSTN to ring the IP phone. I did have this working on the SPA-3000 and have mirrored the config!

I cannot receiving incoming calls via the PSTN on the IP Phone, despite having successfully achieved this with the SPA-3000. I have followed
    Configuring Linksys 3102 for 3CX Phone System (http ://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE) step-by-step, and also followed some pointers in this post.

Note to Leejor - I have turned Line 1 to NO and set the PSTN Ring thru line 1 to off, no joy.

Here are some screenshots of the setup. Any ideas ? I have checked the 3CX Activity Log and nothing showing, so it's as though the PSTN gateway receives but does not pass it onto the SIP Server to connect the call.

PSTN-to-VOIP Gateway Setup

Dial Plans

Proxy and Registration/Subscriber information

Any ideas ?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What is your PSTN Answer Delay set for?
    Is One Stage Dialing set to YES?

7. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

PSTN Answer Delay is set to: 0 (zero)

One Stage Dialling is set to Yes.

8. amygoda

amygoda Member

HELLO,
    what is your line1 and pstn ports at spa and 3cx server
    why dial plan 2 has value?
    do you use fixed lan ip or dhcp?
    what is lin in use voltage ?

9. nightwolf

I was having the same trouble until I discovered that if you click on the provisioning tab of your 3102 and go down to where it says 'profile rule' under 'Configuration Profile' and put in "http://(ip address of your 3cx):5481/provisioning/linksys3102.xml" then it will pull down the configuration file and then your 3102 should work to allow incoming calls. Make sure you tell the 3cx what phone you want the gateway to ring in on. Worked for me after many frustrating hours following the setup guide word for word. I am using Cassini also. This is assuming you are able to make outgoing calls with no problem. By the way the file the 3102 is looking for is in 'documents and settings/all users/application data/3cx/data/http/interface/provisioning/linksys3102.xml'. I am using xp pro. Hope this helps.

10. Ping_it

Try removing the "*" in the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern". Once I did that and rebooted the device, voila, it worked like a charm, inbound and outbound calls. A bit miffed that this misinformation has not been revealed before in this forum. :roll: :x :evil: Good Luck with your configuration.

11. IDI_Ben

I just wanted to comment that the above solution worked for me! Thanks Ping_it!!

12. adamsc75

Yup removed the * and all works perfectly! Incoming and outgoing calls. The frustrating thing is that in the guide from 3CX it states... e. Set the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" field to "*".

Next issue is to see if I can get the Caller ID passed through, my Linksys SPA921 handset shows the call as coming from the name I set in the Display Name in the Subscriber Information.

13. smb3

Removing the * worked for me as well.

let me know if you can get the Caller ID working as well.

14. Ziain

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem but with an SPA3000, I used the guide to setup and have used the suggestions above but still no joy, I have even done a network trace and when a call hits the spa there are no packets going to the 3cx.

Any body have any other suggestions.

15. michael880308

Hi all,
    First, sorry about making the reply so late(as I started it) because there was a time that I've give it up! Recently I install my 3CX back and re-setup the SPA 3102, after getting up here again, this problem solved by removing * form "Caller ID Pattern" in PNST to VoIP section, thank you all for your help, hope everyone doesn't get stock for this anymore!
    Best Regards
    Michael Lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.