Linksys SPA-3102 frecuently fails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dichter, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dichter

I am new with ip telephony, I have set up a pbx for a small business with 5 extensions and 2 lines I use 2 SPA-3102 (1 Fxo and 1 Fxs each one) and for the other extension I use the 3cx softphone. I have 3 problems:

1.When I answer a call it takes like 3 to 5 seconds to actually take it, the other phones even ring 1 or 2 times more.

2.From time to time I cannot make calls due to a gateway error the leds on the SPA'S look like if someone was using them.

3.Clients call my cellphone telling me that both lines are occupied but no one is using the lines.

Sometimes the errors 2 and 3 occurs together and the way to fix them is reseting the pbx and the gateways and wait some time.

Please help me!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, that means ...you pick up a phone and are not connected for 3 to 5 seconds?

The 3Cx logs show this?

So, what you are saying is that the 3102's are seizing/holding the lines? Is this after making/receiving a call or just at random?

I would look at the 3Cx logs to begin with, it will show the sequence of events, first on an incoming call, to see what is happening. If you don't see an issues there then set up a PC running a syslog program (there are a number of free ones on the net if you do a search. set up the 3102's to point to the IP running the program, you will see all (depending on the level of the logging you specify) that is going on within the 3102's. Also...on the voice/status page it will show the last number dialled, received and reason for last disconnect, anything look out of place? Were the 3102's set up after doing a factory reset (or brand new) or were they used elsewhere previously?

3. dichter

-Phone rings and I pick up the phone then for about 3 to 5 sec it is not actually picked up...it is really annoying.... Both gateways where brand new and set up exactly as in the 3CX guide. It happens also with the 3cx softphone so I believe is a PBX problem....

-Today I realize what was really happening with the second and third problem, randomly when I make or receive a call and then hang up sometimes the call is not actually over, at the 3cx admin both trunk and extension shows as occupied, so I cannot transfer calls to that extension but strangely I can make a call from this extension and when this thing happens to both trunks I cannot receive or make calls... I unplug the energy cord from the gateway but when I reconnect it both line and Internet leds are blinking, after doing it several times and reseting the PBX or even restarting the PC the problem stops.

But this only happens with the ATA phones not the softphone so maybe it is a problem with the SPA-3102 config.

Tomorrow I will set up the syslog.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would look at the 3Cx logs first, it's the easiest. Post the log of an incoming call from when it first rings, you answer, then wait 30 seconds, hang up, then wait another couple of minutes with out placing any other calls. Besides the softphone, do you have another ATA to test with? I'm suspecting something between the FXS and FXO port as there are a number of settings that can allow the two to interact if not changed.

5. dichter

I have one Linksys PAP2T with 2 FXS, I do not use those extensions too much but I have no problems with them. Today I found another way too unblock the trunks and extensions, what I need to do is call any extension (I use the voicemail) from the blocked extension (Connected is the status on the 3cx panel) for about 15 sec and then hang up.

LOG FILES:

Attached Files:

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Make sure that in the 3102...

In the tab... Line, set PSTN fall back is set to No.
    In the tab...PSTN, set PSTN ring thru line 1 to No.

These are changes to the default settings. There may also be other settings that also need to be changed, it just depends on whether you started from the factory defaults, or, the 3102 had been used elsewhere.

In a quick look over the logs it looks like Ext 503 and 504 share the same IP BUT also share the same port number, not good. Also make sure that the FXO port on the 3102 is set to port 5062, the default is 5061 but the 3CX default is to use 5062, for some unexplained reason. You should not have any SIP device at the same IP using the same port number. So...if you have a device with two lines, one gets set to 5060 and the other to 5061.

What IP have you assigned to Ext 500? I just keep seeing 192.168.0.10 which is also the IP of 3CX? Ring group 800 keeps showing the same IP so I assume it is.

You may need to double check your IP's and make sure you have no duplication.

7. dichter

It appears that the issue of the occupied extensions and trunks is solved apparently with the PSTN fall back = NO option but I am still testing... the problem with the timing when answering a call is still happening, and this morning when I turn on my 3cx server I found another problem the 3 linksys devices take too long to register to the server, where can I lower the time?

This is how I configured my VOIP devices:

Extensions:

500 → SOFTPHONE
    501 → SPA-3102 A
    503 → PAP2T FXS 1
    504 → PAP2T FXS 2
    555 → SPA-3102 B

IP:

3cx Softphone → 192.168.0.10
    3cx VOIP Server → 192.168.0.10
    SPA-3102 A → 192.168.0.51 PORTS: FXO:5062 FSX:5060
    SPA-3102 B → 192.168.0.52 PORTS: FXO:5062 FSX:5060
    PAP2T → 192.168.0.53 PORTS: LINE1 5060 LINE2 5061

There is no IP or port duplication.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm glad that the option fixed it for you. I guess what I found confusing (one thing anyway) was Ext 500 having the same IP as 3CX. I wasn't expecting you to be running it on the same PC.
    Are you turning off 3CX but leaving the Linksys devices powered up? If this is the case then the Linksys should keep trying to register on a regular basis. There are field to datafill for the registration time but anything more than 1800 (seconds) will (should) be overridden by 3Cx, it wants devices to register every half hour. You can set it to less if you want. ther registration options are pretty self explanatory under both the line and PSTN tabs. Registration defaults to 3600 (seconds). Make sure the Register option is set to Yes. In the Sip tab, you can set the minimum and maximum expiry times...Reg Min Expires and Reg Max Expires, but those should be left at the defaults. there is also a Reg Retry Intvl which should default to 30, that is how long before another registration attemp after a failure.

If you are turning off 3CX then try to arrange it that 3CX comes back up first, then turn on all of the ATA devices. Most users don't turn off the computer running 3CX.

9. dichter

I still have the same problem with the trunks but strange things are happening:

-Extension shows as in a call on the 3cx panel you cannot receive calls but can make them.

-Sometimes both trunks get blocked and on the panel it shows that they are both in a call with the same number and this time all extensions were available

This is a log when trunks get blocked

Please help me...

Attached Files:

10. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

One possible reason for the gateway line to continue showing as busy is if your PSTN Disconnect Detection settings are off. Your telecoms provider should be able to assist you to set these up correctly.

You can find the PSTN Disconnect Detection settings in the "PSTN Line" tab on the SPA-3102 device's interface.

Once these are set up correctly the device should better understand when the remote party has hung up.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.