Linksys SPA 3102 gateway compatible with 3CX ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cyclone76, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclone76

Hello,
    Is Linksys SPA 3102 gateway compatible with 3CX or do i have to search for another model ?
    Rgards

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Yes, but probably you need to configure it manually. Search Internet for admin guide of SPA 3102, if you don't have experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 works great, but, as mentioned, you must configure manually. First thing is to assign it a static IP. Under Router/WAN setup/Remote Management = yes (this allows you in the WAN side). And...Router/LAN Setup/Networking service=Bridge unless you really want to use the internal router for some reason.
    Put in an NTP server under Router/WAN setup/Primary NTP Server. If you have the time-zone set-up correctly (Voice/Regional/Miscellaneous), the 3102 will show the correct time and you know that you have a connection to the internet.
    Most of the rest will be done under the PSTN tab. Let me know if you want to get it working and i can step you though it.

If the 3102 was used elsewhere, do a factory reset on it first to clear all settings to default.

4. cyclone76

But 3102 can accept calls from any number (with or without PIN) or only one number ? In a 3102 configuration screen seen on another site, i see that i must to fill an authorised ID.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There are lots of posts on SPA3102, search them, also you can find removed provisioning template (probably needs some adjustments to current PBX versions), but reading the admin guide you can configure it manually.
    Infact 3102 consists of two devices -- one with FXS port and one with FXO port, they can be used independently.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cyclone76

Yes but my question is : can 3102 accept calls from any number (with or without PIN) or only one number because in a 3102 configuration screen seen on another site, i see that i must to fill an authorised ID ?
    Thanks a lot

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You can accept calls from any number (with or without PIN), no need to fill authorised ID. Calls must be processed in one stage.

8. cyclone76

Thanks for help sir :)

9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Attached are screen-shots from configuration of SPA-3102 PSTN line as analog VoIP gateway in 3CX PBX (custom device).
    The PBX has address 172.20.20.20 and the SPA-3102 -- 172.20.20.10
    Nothing complicated at all.

Regards

Attached Files:

10. cyclone76

I will probably buy one unit and permit to contact you if i need more informations.
    Regards

11. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Have a look on screen-shots with configuration of SPA-3102, attached earlier and also read the admin guide of SPA-3102 (search on Internet).

cyclone76 likes this.
  12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 will do a lot of things, much, much more than simply act as a 3CX trunk, which is probably what you have come across. For use as a trunk, the optioning is relatively basic. Unfortunately, the 3102 is becoming harder to find (new), as it was discontinued a while ago, and those that are available have gone up in price. Linksys has not come out with a replacement, as they have, with a couple ATA's.

3CX used to have a page dedicated to manually provisioning the device, but, it has since disappeared (it's unfortunate that they are not archived). If you do come find a site dealing with provisioning the 3102, or a SPA-3000 (very similar set-up), be sure that it is for use with 3CX specifically.

Try this link to a cached site on using the device with 3CX. It deals with an older version of the PBX but the 3102 settings should remain the same.
    https://webcache.googleusercontent....2/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-b

#12 leejor, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    cyclone76 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.