• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Linksys SPA 3102 (or similar): FXO Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fceledon

Reaction score
I'm far for being a SIP expert, however, I can't find a functionallity that will add a lot of value and sense to 3CX.

We have a few remote locations, some overseas and local employee homes where we we want to deploy the 3102; not all have static ip internet connections. We need to dial out using the FXO port and to receive and place calls through the FXS port.
All the dual functions on the 3102, listed on 3CX as non supported, are working fine.
Thus far, setup the FXS port: OK (can place and receive local and PBX calls), router OK, local FXO port (ie use of <:mad:gw0>) OK, receive incomming PSTN calls, OK.
On the 3cx I can see the gateway registered, with a Virtual Extension Number, so the IP is known, however, the system requires a static IP in the configuration.
Is there any other method to connect to the FXO port without using the static IP? I the system can register a Virtual Extension for the FXO, why 3CX can't use the registration IP as the Gateway IP?
Thanks,

So...what you are trying to set up is a remote trunk ,using the 3102, on a LAN other than the one that 3CX is on? That will work, I've done it with the 3102 using a public IP (no NAT).
If that is the case but you have a dynamic IP, you could try making use of a DDNS service. You would have to have a router or PC running an application to update the DDNS service with your the current IP

You are right, remote FXO, with dynamic IP. There is no DDNS service setup on the 3102.
"You would have to have a router or PC running an application to update the DDNS service with your the current IP".
How can I do it?
I can setup the 3102 as the first device after the (for example) the DSL modem, the DSL modem with a passthrough to the 3102 (ie all the ports forwarded to the 3102), then the 3102 will look to have a public but dynamic IP address.
The question is where (and how) in this equation I can put the DDNS? The 3120 have no registration needs, so where to capture the ip?

No, there is no DDNS service on the 3102, unfortunately. You would have to run it behind a router that has that feature. Have you checked to see how often the dynamic IP actually changes? Mine tend to remain the same for six months or longer as the routers are never turned off.

We need something more 'commercial grade', if we have a few dozen deployed, the 3102 field support will be too heavy.
Maybe, we must try another product.
I'm looking for a box that I can just add the SIP address, a couple of parameters (username password) and will start working, as FXS and FXO, ideally, behind a NAT or firewall. Does this unit exist?

If you are going to put it behind a NAT then put it behind a router with DDNS built in, most have that feature.

FXO's are all going to have similar basic requirements for datafill, some just have more overall options (and lines) than others besides the 3CX gateway datafill requires the IP no mater what brand they are. It sounds like you have no need for an FXO with more than one PSTN line, so your choice is somewhat narrowed.

I remember one time setting up a 3102 as a remote extension instead of a gateway and it worked but I do not think it was possible from another 3cx extension to dial out the remote 3102. If you do not need to do this you may be able to just configure th 3102 as an external extension.

I have set one up as a remote 3CX trunk and 3CX extension, it does work. It wasn't behind a router, mind you, as I was travelling and hadn't brought one with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.