Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys SPA-3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daiablo, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daiablo

Hi all,

I'm running out of ideas now and would really like some help. I've got 3CX 7.1 running a Windows server. Have regsitered 5 linksys SPA921 phones and they can all call and transfer internally without a problem. I have an Outbound SIP trunk that works fine outgoing calls with the correct CLID etc... For legacy purposes we have a PSTN line coming in to the office that we would like to deliver to the 3CX system. After research and discussions on the forum it was suggested I go with a Linksys SPA-3102. I have configured this using the provisioning method from the 3CX wiki guides and it is registering in the 3CX system correctly. When I try to call in or call out from this line nothing happens. The incoming route for the Linksys line is supposed to make all phones ring in a call group. Calling the local DID for this makes them ring so I know that's set up correctly.

This is the output from the server log when making an outgoing call:

13:20:59.825 [CM503008]: Call(20): Call is terminated
    13:20:59.823 [CM503015]: Call(20): Attempt to reach <sip:<tel num>@192.168.150.3> failed. Reason: No Answer
    13:20:59.822 [CM503003]: Call(20): Call to sip:<tel num>@192.168.0.8:5062 has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
    13:20:27.649 [CM503024]: Call(20): Calling PSTNline:<tel num>@(Ln.10001@Linksys)@[Dev:sip:10001@127.0.0.1:5062]
    13:20:27.645 [CM503004]: Call(20): Route 1: PSTNline:<tel num>@(Ln.10001@Linksys-01443866311)@[Dev:sip:10001@127.0.0.1:5062]
    13:20:27.635 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:<tel num>@192.168.150.3>
    13:20:27.634 [CM505001]: Ext.200: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: Linksys;Mod: SPA Series;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, no-replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Linksys/SPA921-5.1.8] Transport: [sip:192.168.150.3:5060]
    13:20:27.632 [CM503001]: Call(20): Incoming call from Ext.200 to <sip:<tel num>@192.168.150.3>

Now this looks abit strange to me as it seems to be suggesting that outgoing calls are incoming calls. Anybody know what I've done to confuse this?

Many Thanks,
    Daiablo

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How did Ext 200 get involved in this? Was this log only an incoming call from the 3102? There are a LOT of options in the 3102, all it takes is one typo and it won't work. As a few others have found out...

3. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I'm not too sure about this bit:
    when I compare with my SPA3102, I see:
    So for some reason 3cx is not using the IP address of your SPA3102 gateway to communicate with it but is instead using the internal loopback IP. That can't be right, I would check your 3cx entry for "PSTN Devices / General / Gateway Hostname or IP" and see whether 3cx can resolve the IP of your 3102.

Chris

4. daiablo

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts. The log extract was made while making an outgoing call from extension 200. I have completely removed the PSTN device gateway from 3CX and factory reset the SPA3102 now I'm starting again. I have re-created the PSTN gateway and reconfigured the SPA3102 according to the 3cx cconfig guide. This has brought some success - I can call out from the PBX to external numbers - they connect correctly and the call quality is good. However, incoming still doesn't work. When I call in from an external phone it rings and the status on the SPA3102 web interface shows the PSTN state as Ringing but it doesn't seem to transfer the call to the PBX. No activity is posted in the server activity log for an incoming call - it's as if the 2 aren't communicating with each other, yet that cannot be the case because I can call it through the line.

I just want to confirm in case I'm doing something totally stupid - I have the incoming phone line connected to the "line" port of the SPA3102. I don't have anything connected to the phone port as I don't have an analogue phone that I want to use.

Any advice is gratefully received. I haven't posted any screenshots as I didn't know where exactly I should look and didn't want to overload the post with unnecessary information. If you'd like a screenshot of anything then let me know and I can get one posted.

Thanks,
    Daiablo

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You've got the datafill in dialplan 8 to forward the call? Something like (S0:<10000>), using, of course the 1xxxxx number that you have in the 3CX for that device. Obviously it is connected if you can make an outgoing call, but, it doesn't know what to do with the incoming calls. that is where the "call forward" part of the PSTN datafill comes in.

6. daiablo

HI Leejor,

Thanks for sticking with me!

I have (S0:<10000>) in the dial plan 8 field. 10000 Is the port identification number for the PSTN Gateway in 3CX. I've also confirmed that the Default PSTN Caller Dial Plan is set to 8.

Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks,
    Daiablo

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a few others having similar problems on the forum. You've got half the job done getting the outgoing calls to work, but, it seems your 3102 doesn't seem know what to do with an incoming PSTN call or is unable to route it if there is no log showing up in the 3CX. In my case I had used both an SPA-3000 and a 3102 with a different VoIP provider, without doing a factory reset and just changing the settings according to the 3CX instructions, they both worked right off the bat. So, it is probably a matter of double, or triple checking all of your settings. Make sure that you haven't put an O (Oh) in place of a 0 (zero). Some of the settings are very picky and one wrong character will cause a failure. There are many settings that are fine "right out of the box" or you don't find them to be an issue until much later.

By the way...In the log that you posted earlier the line was 10001, you are now using 10000?

8. daiablo

It is very frustrating. I've has a colleague of mine double check my work also to make sure I dont' have a simple typo in one of the fields. The port ID changed when I recreated the PSTN Gateway in 3CX. GOod spot though for a second I thought you'd found the problem. Is there something I can do with the SPA3102 - some logs or something - that will show what it's doing when the phone rings. Maybe it is trying to pass data but is going to the wrong IP or something silly like that.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you enable the syslog the 3102, set the destination IP and install a syslog programme on another computer(with that IP)?
    Someone else is having a similar problem, I had posted what a working call log looks like in the other post.

10. daiablo

Thanks. I've installed Kiwi syslog server and pointed both the syslog server and the debug server to the server running Kiwi but nothing appears if I make a call to the line which reports it as ringing ??!?!?! Whenever I've used SysLog with routers and switches any and all traffic has come through without any special configuration. I've tried changing the debug level to 0,1,2 and 3 and restarting the SPA3102 but no joy. Is there anything special that needs to be done on the SPA3102 or the syslog server?

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Other than putting in the IP of the computer running the server and enabling the logging level, thre is nothing else you should have to do. Is 3102 using a fixed IP or DHCP? What do you have datafilled for the DNS servers/subnet mask? It sounds like your 3102 may be having problems sending out any information to the network.

12. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Maybe let us know more on the IP settings of the 3102 in case this is an issue:
    Are you using it as a router or just a standalone device. Which port is your LAN connected to - Ethernet or Internet?
    Is the 3102 set to NAT/Bridge/Auto in the LAN setup?
    Both of these items can sometimes cause perplexing connectivity problems.

13. LorenzoM

Hey daiablo,
    I am having the same problem.
    3CX V7.1 installed.
    I am using a Linksys SPA-3102
    I am using Cisco 7940G phones and they can all ring and talk to each other.
    I can make outgoing calls from the phones via the Linksys SPA-3102
    I CANNOT receive inbound calls via the Linksys SPA-3102. The Linksys browser sessions shows that the phone is ringing, and like you I have it configured to a Ring Group. Even if I change it to ring a single extension it does NOT work.

I posted a similar question a week ago but have not had any results.

I borrowed my brothers Linksys SPA-3102 which is locked to Engin here in Australia and which he uses to make inbound and outbound calls successfully, but the Admin Logon appears to be locked. I cannot access its configurations.

Seems like we both have a very small problem to fix but its causing a major headache!

Ciao

14. daiablo

Cjay,

I'm using it as a stand alone device - we have a separate router. The Lan Setup is set to NAT should this be changed?

Thanks,
    Dave

15. daiablo

Sorry forgot to mention it's connected to the internet/WAN port as per the 3CX config guide.

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can set the router part of the 3102 to act as a bridge if you arn't using it as a router. then you can use a computer at the same location (one Ethernet jack) without having to use a hub or switch.

17. daiablo

Ah ok. Well it's plugged into our switch here at the office so that's not a problem. I take it this setting wouldn't stop it from working at all?

18. Cjay

Cjay New Member

That looks fine. In which case it shouldn't matter whether you are set to NAT/Bridge (though mine is set to Bridge).

If you want I can send you a complete save of the config of my 3102. It is much easier to send this as HTML (2 files, one for voice & one for router ) rather than a series of screen shots, but I can't attach this to postings - so PM me if you want it sent to an email address.

My 3102 is mostly configured with UK (BT) parameters so there may be some minor country differences you need to take account of.

Chris

19. daiablo

Cjay,

That would be awesome. I'm in the UK also so that might answer some of my questions :). I'll PM you now.

Thanks,
    Daiable

20. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

After finding out that you are i the UK...I'm wondering, does the 3102 status page actually show that an incoming call has occurred. If not, perhaps ringing voltage isn't getting to the 3102 on the tip/ring. i know that , depending on which BT phone socket you are using, ringing can be presented to a set over a third wire. What sort of adapter/cord are you using to connect the RJ-11 jack on the 3102 to the phone socket? Is ringing being presented on the tip and ring pins?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.