Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

linksys spa, all 4 line are the same ext number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gonzo__007, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzo__007

hi all,

I have a linksys spa 942 (4 lines)

in the phone web interface I configured all 4 line with 4 diferent ext. (220, 221, 222, 223)
    all ext are registered in 3cx

on the phone display, all 4 line are the same number (220)

when I call 221 I get a fast busy...

how do I configure all 4 ext correctly ? I want on the phone display to see all 4 ext. (220, 221, 222, 223)

any idea ?

thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is the default, that allows people to put on hold and then accept another call to the same extension number. There is an option for each line to allow the same or a unique extension/provider number on each key. I provisioned mine a while back and ran into the same issue. Don't have access to the menus at the moment but I seem to recall there was a drop down menu for each line with the options. You should probably be asking this in the general forum as this one is for the 3CX VoIP phone.

3. 3CXdistuk

Go the web interface for the phone, login as Admin. Then go to the Phone tab.

You will see entries for Line Key 1-4, these will have a drop down box that relate to the extensions that you have set up on the phone.

Just make your selections:

Line Key 1 = 220
    Line Key 2 = 221
    Line Key 3 = 222
    Line Key 4 = 223

You can even give each line a short name description that will appear on the phone display.

Do make sure that the Extensions (in the "Ext n") tabs are enabled.

Hope this helps.

4. gonzo__007

nice !

thanks

I was looking in 3CX options and did not find anything

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Why would you want 4 different extensions on the same phone? Almost every time I have heard someone wanting this there is almost always a better solution than multiple extensions per phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've seen it used (requested) many times in smallish departments when one person wants to be able to pick up (or is required to pick up) co-workers calls without having to go through dialing "call pickup" options.

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Instead of doing multiple extensions, which is going to busy out the phone with a single call, why not create ring groups so you can see who the call is for based on the caller ID name? Much more elegant of a solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Lets just say that certain executive offices, with anywhere from 5 to 20 lines, all want the secretary to answer their calls rather than have them go to voicemail at certain times of the day. I've seen receptionist phones with several add-ons just for this purpose. When a customer says "this is what we want", many times you just can't talk them out of it,they have their mind set.

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Again, using a ring group for that executive would allow this functionality without sacrificing phone features and would technically allow for more than just 4 per phone. When a customer says "this is what I want" your job is to come up with the most appropriate solution to their request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.