Linksys SPA2100

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rumjar86, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumjar86

Hi guys does anyone know if the Linksys SPA2100 can be used as a cheap FXO/FXS port to the land line? i am just stuffing around with it and wondering if i can piss off marketing callers buy having a call center setup eg press 1 to talk to Bob etc.
    any advice would be much appreciated.
    Josh

2. brunnenguk

I've done a little research in to the Cisco SPA devices as I'm thinking about using a 3CX/SPA??02 combo.

From what I've found, the 2102 does not have FXO support so no external access. The 2102 seems to be designed solely to allow analogue phones to be connected to a VOIP system.

How do you plan to set up the automated menu? I thought that all incoming calls were forwarded to the operator extension? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. rumjar86

um yeah i had some success with 3cx's automated caller but most of my past voip experience was with NCH's PBX suite. i had tones of success with FXO/FXS boxes.i was thinking that cause these boxes have the phone ports in it ... crap just relised that this box is crap for what i wanna do. i have a netgear that does the opposite. it has the option for a phone to voip and a normal isdn line. eg press hash to get landline out or just dial and get voip line out. i'll have a bit more of a play with it and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.