Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys SPA2100

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rumjar86, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumjar86

Hi guys does anyone know if the Linksys SPA2100 can be used as a cheap FXO/FXS port to the land line? i am just stuffing around with it and wondering if i can piss off marketing callers buy having a call center setup eg press 1 to talk to Bob etc.
    any advice would be much appreciated.
    Josh

2. brunnenguk

I've done a little research in to the Cisco SPA devices as I'm thinking about using a 3CX/SPA??02 combo.

From what I've found, the 2102 does not have FXO support so no external access. The 2102 seems to be designed solely to allow analogue phones to be connected to a VOIP system.

How do you plan to set up the automated menu? I thought that all incoming calls were forwarded to the operator extension? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. rumjar86

um yeah i had some success with 3cx's automated caller but most of my past voip experience was with NCH's PBX suite. i had tones of success with FXO/FXS boxes.i was thinking that cause these boxes have the phone ports in it ... crap just relised that this box is crap for what i wanna do. i have a netgear that does the opposite. it has the option for a phone to voip and a normal isdn line. eg press hash to get landline out or just dial and get voip line out. i'll have a bit more of a play with it and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.