Linksys SPA3000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

Before I purchase this item, I understand that Sipura was purchased by Linksys, so does that mean the Linksys SPA3000 will work as a PSTN adaptor with 3CX so that I can make outbound calls on the normal PSTN line?

2. Henk

Henk Member

The SPA3102 can be used to make outbound call to a normal PSTN using 3CX and SIP phones.

Linksys is bought by CISCO, it is all owned by CISCO now a days.

Any troubles let me know.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justin

Yes, but what about the Linksys SPA3000 (3CX has PSTN option for Sipura SPA3000)? I was wondering if it would work or if they are different?

4. Henk

Henk Member

The option in 3CX is to register the SPA3000.

The difference between the spa3000 and spa3102 is that the 3102 is newer (replaces the 3000), has a router and you can configure 4 VSP's (which in this case if you use 3cx is not needed, unless you want to have the spa route calls based upon cheapest plan).

From a 3cx point of view there is no difference, both function the same.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. justin

My query is: 3cx specifies "Sipura SPA3000" and "Linksys SPA3102" however, upon looking at e-auction sites there is a "Linksys SPA3000" which I presume is the same, I just didn't want to go spending $60 if it wouldnt interface with 3cx the same.

6. Henk

Henk Member

it will interface with 3CX, the difference is as I outlined above :).

SPA3000 is just the older model, but will work fine (if configured correct) with 3CX and will work as ATA.

H.

7. justin

After all this concern I ended up picking up a SPA3102 cause I think the seller listed it as the wrong price seeing as how it was cheaper then I could pick up a SPA3000 for and all the rest of their SPA3102's were $30 more :)

[/Happyness]

8. Henk

Henk Member

:) better to have new gear.

Wise choice, I been using one for a few yrs now. Very happy with it, set and forget type scenario.

Keep in mind they do get hot, so keep it ventilated. (mind you it is not an egg cooker).

H.

9. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I have one plugged into a remote lan across a VPN, it receives calls fine from the local pstn at the remote site, i have registered it as a gateway, however outbound calls rather than go to the destination are received with a standard UK BT message about BT.

Here is a screenshot. I created a new PSTN Gateway using the SPA 3102 template since the 3000 template does not appear. the line is 10005. See below:

If I call the PSTN number the device is plugged into, my default extension rings fine as expected. However, any outbound calls that route via it do not go anywhere but you hear the BT message as though you'd dialled a generic BT support number.

Any ideas ?

Attached Files:

10. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Right I done a hard reset to cure the calling out from the remote extension via the SPA 3000 over the analog, now that is working, however the inbound to the analog line doesn't ring the extension as specified in the PSTN gateway! This was working prior to the hard reset :lol:

11. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Right got it working now.

Outbound works fine.

Inbound works, but with significant lag from when the number is dialled. Long delay before ringing. I'm calling it a night, the main thing is it's working. Any ideas on the PSTN -> VOIP ringing lag ?

Cheers, Lewis

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've got both the 3000 and 3102 working on the 3CX with no issues, there is a setting (in seconds) before a PSTN call will ring through to VoIP (don't have mine in front of me to look at the exact name of the setting right now). In North America, to be able to get caller ID to pass through to the 3CX you can't set it lower than 3 seconds.

13. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

ok, thanks I will trawl through the settings tonight and locate it, obviously the hard reset has reset the value to some default that is long.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had a quick look though the manual (5-64), under the PSTN tab, PSTN-to-VoIP Gateway Setup, PSTN Answer Delay, the factory default is 16 seconds, change that to 3 seconds, or even lower if you don't need to wait for BellCore type caller ID.

15. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Cheers Leejor, saved me a lot of time there.

16. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Implemented it this evening and works a dream. I set it to zero, significant improvement, there is still a slight lag on ring, say 2-3 rings, and when the call is terminated, it rings for an extra 2-3 rings. Not a significant issue, more an observation, although I am happy with this now. Thanks again. Lewis

17. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Glad it worked. Now you can do it all over again when v8 gets released. :lol:

18. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

:roll:

when is v8 expected to be released ? any idea ?

19. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

When its out. :mrgreen:

20. Henk

Henk Member

Would not see why that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.