Linksys SPA3102 cant dial out, incomming fine

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Data City, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Data City

Hi All :)

I'm new to 3CX so please be gentle... Have recently bought a linksys spa3102 as need to get to know the ins and outs of this phone system to be able to resell to my customers (My main area is server / PC tech support but have dabbled in PBX / Meridian / Alcatel before). After followin the advice online and the posts here in the forum I have got incomming calls working. now comes the problem... :)

254.254 being my 3cx server
    254.234 being the linksys box

this is the message that is received in the log file. The things im a guessing at is that the SPA has not ben told where to route the call to for on outsude line and has decided that my mobile number is a sip call... (asuming im correct and all.. hehe)

I have followed a few things from IT farmer in regards to <#9:><:mad:gw0>. I guess that #9 are the keystrokes to get an outside line for the SPA box (please correct me if im wrong) and the <:mad:gw0> part tells the box to use the analogue line for the call ( i think.. ). Alas i get the same response from the 3cx status page. I even bought IT Farmers book (you got your coffie Henk ;) hehe). There is no change in the linksys status when trying to use it for an standard POTS call (was busy looking through the forum last night banging my head against a wall). So, either im not putting the correct thing in the correct place (ahem), my linksys box is knackered (slim chance as its brand spanking new - only arrived Saturday morning) or something else :). If i connect a normal phone to the Linksys box "phone" port i am able to dial out. Being new to all this please be pretty strieght forward with anything as I would like to learn from any outcome rather than just follow orders ;) hehe

A little about my system

VoIP Sip - working Fine :) (both SipGate and FWD Pulver in and out)
    extentions (2) working fine
    Incomming calls from PSTN via Linksys SPA3102 to 3cx working well
    Routing calls onto the PSTN (normal common all garden home telephone not behind a PBX so dont need to dial anything to get an outside line) is the current bug bear.

linksys config is as follows http://www.datacitygroup.com/3cx/3cxspa3102.pdf

any help is much appreciated otherwise there will be more large dents in the brickwork in my attick :) I will gladly post any more information up here that helps a diagnosis :lol:
    Thanks in advance

Rob
    Data City Computers
    http://www.datacitycomputers.com

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed :lol: thanks for the coffee. I hope the manual is of good use for you. I am planning to make some updates soon, but as the story goes, flat out with other stuff atm.

Re your config. Can you tell me what you want to do?

POTS phones cannot be used as extensions within 3cx, different technologie. It is like using a submarine as a sailboat, simply does not work (some might say it actually can be used as a sail boat).

If you outline what you want to do I might point you in the direction of the pub :).

On a first glance, your spa config looks ok. Ill have a closer look tonight for ya.

3. Data City

Hi Henk,

Basically I wish to use the POTS line as a fall back or other route on which to make calls.

at the moment i dial 9 (Tel number) to use the sip gateway

I wish to dial 0 (Tel number) and use the Linksys to open the POTS line to dial out on as the SIP is not 100% and I will need to be able to have all usable options avalible to my clients. If I am not explaining myself to well please let me know your number and I will call if thats ok? (also the time difference etc etc so i dont call at the wrong time :)

cheers

Rob

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I know where you are on about :).

Have a search on the forum re PSTN configuration.

I have no time atm to doc it in detail but will do before the weekend. (if you have not heard anything by than drop me an email its a bit busy here atm).