Linksys SPA3102 dialout over PSTN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bcampbell74, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcampbell74

Hi all,

I have successfully added a Linksys SPA3102 to my 3CX network and have configured it as per 3CX guide. I have also added a DECT phone as an ATA device. I recieve calls to my ATA device on the PSTN Line however it will not ring any extention I set it to in 3CX - just the ATA device. Also I cannot dial out through the SPA3102 either from the ATA Device or IP Network. I can however dial out from the ATA Device and IP Network via my SIP Provider. I would like to be able to pickup uncoming PSTN calls on my IP Network and Dial out via PSTN from the IP Network as my service provider is giving me lots of free minute :lol:

I am a newbie so all suggestions are welcome. I can call the extention of the ATA Phone and the ATA Phone can call an extention on the IP Network.

2. bcampbell74

Update: put LAN port into a 'bridge' mode. Now incoming PSTN calls forward to IP phone extention but only after 6 rings. Still can't dial out over PSTN. - Got it - PSTN Answer Delay set to 16! Now how to dail out over PSTN?

3. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

Could you post more information on your configuration.

Could you post also a log when you try to make a call?

i have the spa3102 workins as a FXO and FXS fine. maybe its just configuration.

4. bcampbell74

As you can see from the attachments 3CX will dial out through the PSTN Line and although I get a dial tone the SPA3102 does not dial out. I have disabled line 1 for now as it just adds to the confusion.

5. bcampbell74

I have factory reset this device I may use 73738 as a PIN. I have now configured this as per http://i26.tinypic.com/2ibyg7c.jpg - I get the number displayed correctly in the SPA info screen and tells me I am dialing out over PSTN however although I get dial tone whatever number I dial I get the BT girl 'the number you have dialed has not been recognised'. I feel like I am one minor step away from success however the dent in my laptop suggests that it should not be this difficult. For the sake of my dimminishing sanity ....please!

6. bcampbell74

Right - had enough - it's going back. Before I order something equally as hideous do any of you have any suggestions as to what I can replace it with?

7. bcampbell74

Got a replacement unit today and this SPA3102 can dial out over PSTN - not out of the box you understand, however with the regional and PSTN Line set to UK specific settings and then some further trial and error I got it to work. To help others who may find themselves in SPA3102 hell I have attached some PDF files of my config.

And now I'm off to bed.

8. idstephen

Hello, I'm having the same problem trying to configure my SPA3102 to dial out over PSTN. I also get the message "the number you have dialled has not been recognised". Unfortunately the attachments that were posted don't seem to be available any more - is there a way that I can get to them please?
    Thanks

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is a really old post and your issue may be completely different, you should have created a new post. Please post a 3CX server log of one of your outgoing calls to the 3102. What country are you located in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.