LInksys SPA3102 Gateway Help Needed - InBound Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sinboo50, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinboo50

I am not able to ring inbound calls with the SPA3102. The server log is attached:

Outbound calls work great and Line is Registered in 3CX.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can see two lines and the top edge of a third and none of it means a thing, to me. Did you set the 3102 up according to the 3Cx info (leaving the * out of the caller Id field)? There are many, many, many options in the 3102, and the inbound call failure can be caused by the wrong info being in just one of them. Does the 3CX log show an incoming call attempt? Had the 3102 been used elsewhere, in other words did you provision it from a factory reset or just modify some of the settings after it was used in a previous installation?

3. sinboo50

All is setup according to the config. guide...

I did remove the * from the CID field and it works so guess that was it.

Thanks,

Bruce

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That was discovered by a member through trial and error a little while ago, not sure why they (3CX) haven't changed the set-up guide to reflect the error.

5. sinboo50

Agreed. Seems like it would be a big deal.

Now I am trying to solve the CID issue ... have tried to delay the PSTN call by 5 sec. but then it does not ring. Everything else seems to be OK including the PSTN CID For VoIP CID: YES

If you know the answer to that one i would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Bruce

6. open7

You mention that you should remove the * in the VoIP Caller ID Pattern field, If I do that the CID shows the Subscriber Info Display Name "SPA-3102". If I have the * there the CID shows the correct CID. Why did they determine that it should be removed?

Don

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That was discovered by a board member a number of months back (do a search on 3102 posts). I, myself , have never put the * in the field and have no problem with caller ID. The "SPA3102", or what ever name you've called the gateway will generally show up if there is no name/caller ID info available from the PSTN, either because you don't subscribe or the 3102 is not set to wait at least 3 seconds before sending the call info to 3CX (Bellcore type caller ID).

8. open7

But what is strange is that if I put the * there and I have zero seconds to transfer the call to 3CX, I get the CID. But, if I remove the * I get the "SPA3102" default. Sort of backwards.

Don

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's an odd one. Caller Id (Bellcore type) is sent between the first and second ring, Under normal circumstances, if you don't wait at least 3 seconds for the 3102 to collect the name/number then only the default name that you datafilled, will be passed on to the 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.