Linksys SPA3102 Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sgiddey, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgiddey

Looking for a little help here.. I am using the Mini Edition v10. I have two voip trunks which work flawlessly, however I have a POTS line which I am trying to use with the Linksys 3102, I have used the config guide http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE to a T and all I get has been is a delay then a dial tone. this is after the number has been dialed, kind of like dial the number and it will work but with an echo. Any thoughts will be very helpful. Gateway is good and registered
    Thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may have it set for two stage dialling rather than one stage. Look under VoIP to PSTN Gateway setup/One stage dialling...set that to YES. There could be other things too, but start with that and post back if you still have issues.

3. sgiddey

Thanks so much for the reply.. I checked it out and it is OK. I tried to reconfigure, maybe I am missing something as it is still doing it, it there another place for 2 stage dialing that might be the culprit?
    Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, as I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong), you dial a number in 3CX, it send out the correct digits (you've confirmed that in the 3CX logs), and you are left listening to dialtone from the PSTN line? Does that sum it up?

Go over all of the settings and be sure that you didn't miss anything or make any typos (a comma where a period should be, type thing) . Was this 3102 used somewhere else previously, and if so, did you do a "factory reset" on the unit?

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Double check your SPA-3102 settings. There are many posts on the topic. SPA-3102 is working fine with 3CX, so most probably there is an error in your configuration. I would recommend to reset it to factory defaults and program it manually again following literally the guidelines from 3CX blog. Also useful to read the 'Admin guide' from Cisco site.

You must also understand the concept of SPA-3102. The simplest (and safest) approach is to treat it as two independent devices sharing a common IP address (but with different ports: 5060 and 5061) -- one is an adapter (FXS port) and the second is a gateway (FXO port).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sgiddey

Thanks so much Guys.. Did a reset and reconfigure and Voila it worked, obviously I did not enter the config correctly or there was an existing entry that should not have been there. 3CX is great, the problems that I have received are all my doing. A strong reminder is to pay close attention to detail, Thanks Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.