Linksys SPA3102 Outside the LAN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amygoda, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    Use in SIP TAB stun server

2. Henk

Henk Member

Question:

Do you have voxalot.com.au configured on the SPA and 3cX?

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To get technical support on this one, you can contact our technical support (This requires commercial edition with support package). If you have a commercial edition, but no support package, you can purchase one here:

https://erp.3cx.com/orderform/support.aspx

4. Henk

Henk Member

YOur VSP (voxalot.com.au) must only be configured in 3cx, the SPA should not do any VSP registration.

I noticed you are in sydney, if you still have troubles give me a call.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Henk

Henk Member

Honest, I am a bit confused.

Why use a SPA3102 to connect your remote office (gosford) to the 3CX server, would it not be easier to connect all the phones in gosford, to the 3cx server in Sydney?

Why did you choose for this setup?

stun.fwdnet.net is a better stun server in my opinion.

H.

6. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

You need to review the PSTN Disconnect Detection section on the PSTN tab on the SPA.

I've got mine (in Aus) set to Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, 300, 300, High, 0.2, Yes, 425@-30,425@-30;1(.375/.375/1+2) reading left to right, top to botton.

Disconnect Tone is important, and you could set the long silence durations much shorter if you wish - but these can trip you up if you set them too short, and one end is listening only - which can happen if you're dialled into and listening on a teleconference, for example, but muted and not speaking.

7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Voxalot is good in my opinion - and local to Aus, so gooder :lol:

Your issues in gosford are interesting - it seems like it is failing to STUN resolve, and thus failing to register with the external IP.

As a test, if you manually set the external IP and tell the SPA not to use STUN, does it register and work on the telstra connection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.