Linksys SPA3102 trouble

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimmyn, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jimmyn

I have just bought a Linksys 3102 - The instruction manual is useless and I am in the dark!!

I have a Draytek 2800 router/modem and I want to connect the linksys directly to it. I want to continue to use the router thats built into the draytek - do I need to disable the router on the 3102

I take it I should just use the 'internet' port on the the 3102? What configuration do I need to do on the 3102 just to get it talking to my network. I can see its getting a DHCP address but I can't log on to the admin screen from a web browser

Please please someone help!!

:cry:

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

OK. Here goes.... We do this in steps:

Yes, internet port goes to router, hub, however you are connecting to your network. To access the web interface you must first enable it via a phone plugged into the "Phone" port. To access the IVR Menu pickup phone and enter as following quote from Linksys Manual:

To enable web interface on WAN
    If you need to find the IP address after
    In your browser you should now be able to access the web config page of the SPA. On the right top there are some links, click on "Admin Login" then "Advanced" just to make the rest easier.
    Click Lan Setup tab, under Networking Service set to BRIDGE, under enable DHCP Server set to NO. Then click Submit All Changes.

After reboot, you can connect the internet port of the SPA directly to the LAN port of your modem, and the ethernet port of the SPA to the rest of your network. This worked best for me as the SPA did not interfere with any of my router functions and / or port forwarding, nor any of my network setup, but allowed me to use the QoS feature to drastically improve the quality of my VoIP calls.

Now when it comes to configuring the SPA

:lol:

That will be in the next post, after this is done. Have fun.

3. jimmyn

Hey thanks for that - I'll give it another go!