linksys spa3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joe, Jul 3, 2007.

1. joe

joe

I am trying to set up a line in my 3cx phone system, but it continues to say it is not registered. My internal network is 192.168.0.xxx the wan side of the linksys is attached to a wireless router with an inside addr of 10.10.30.xxx which in turn attaches to my public ip. does my server and my phones all have to belong to 10.10.30.xxx network?

2. ess

ess New Member

I assume you meant the 3102 has an ip of 10.10.30.xxx on the wan side of it. If you already have a router, you will only connect the "Internet" RJ45 port on the 3102 to the router.

I'd go ahead and reset your 3102. Did you buy this unit refurbished? because I don't know why it would grab that IP unless perhaps it was set to static.

To reset it, use the 3102's IVR function. Attach an analogue phone to the FXS port and dial ****.

Factory reset it using the command 73738, press 1 to confirm. Then, use the IVR again and use the command 7932 (WAN Web-based config utility) and then press 1 to enable.

Then check what IP the wan side of the gateway gets.

-Tim

3. joe

joe

thank you Tim,
    I did all you said, now I still have my pstn line as not registered.

4. ess

ess New Member

Well, it would require more configuration than simply what I said to do. Have you connected to the gateway to see what the wan IP on the 3102 is now?

Have you followed the 3cx guide in the support section for registering an SPA-3102 and used the built-in template for an SPA-3102?

Please add a little more effort in your posts so the efforts of people trying to help you can be more guided.

5. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

The PSTN line could be unregistered for a whole lot of different reasons - I agree with Ess and first try and sort out any networking issues inside your network. Then move to the PBX configuration. However to answer your previous question, Yes you can have the phones on a different network than the one the PBX is sitting on but ideally you keep the phones on the same network. The provision for external extensions is there however from a firewall's perspective it will be more challenging to configure - but possible.

6. joe

joe

I reset the 3102.
    Here is a list of how I answered the questions for the 3102.

Router
    Wan Setup
    Static IP

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tim, and archie are correct you have to provide a little more information.

It is like going to the doctor, my foot hurts..... which one? My foot.

Anyway here we go:.

Wireless router: is 10.10.30.51 ( assume that is your public IP?)
    The idea of this router is to map public ip back to your non routable internal ip 192.168.0.xxx (lets call this a private IP)

Having said that all your devices internally should have that 192.168.0.xxx range. Your wireless router is on the edge so that one should do the NAT.

I am going to use some IP address as example. I noticed that you put all on the 10.10.30.*** range that is fine, i stick to the 192.168.0.xxx in my post.

SPA3102
    Connect WAN to your Wireless router, this is only needed if your router is doing your network switching aswell. If you have another switch you can hook the SPA to that aswell. The important part is that the WAN port of the SPA is connected to your network.

In the router config:
    Connection type: static IP
    Static IP: 192.168.0.150
    Gateway: the IP of the Wireless router 192.169.0.1 (this is the private IP it should have)
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Optional settings (actually not really optional).

Primary DNS: the DNS of your ISP
    DNS Server order: Manual
    DNS Query mode parallel
    Primary NTP Server: find one that works for you.

Using this will allow you to see what time the call came in on the SPA in the Status screen, handy with trouble shooting.

PSTN Line:

Line Enable: set to Yes.
    SIP Transport UDP
    SIP Port 5061 (Make sure you remember that we need it in 3cx)

Proxy and registration.
    Proxy: 192.169.0.2 (The IP address of the 3cx server)
    Outbound proxy: same as proxy

Subscriber Info: (try this first as it might be the cause of your initial problem).
    Display name: IT Farmer :).
    User ID: this is the line ID of 3cx guess that will be 10001
    Password: the password you entered in 3cx.
    Use Auth ID: YES
    Auth ID: 10001

Dial plans:
    Dial Plan 8: (S0:10001)

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup
    PSTN Caller Default DP: 8

In 3cx under lines, go to the PSTN gateway.

Gateway hostname or IP: 192.168.0.150
    Port: 5061
    Gateway capabilities: Supports Re-Invite
    Location of destination number: To.user' field and Request-line URI field
    Other options: Caller ID is in 'user' part of (one of the following): 'From" field

and that should work. Well let me put it this way, archie and myself spend a fair bit of time online to get the caller ID etc working and we believe that this setting is the most succesfull to get it all going.

So let us go how you got.

8. joe

joe

I'm up and running. Thanks to all for your help. In particular to ITfarmer.