LINKSYS SPA400 SETUP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gregitx, Aug 7, 2007.

1. gregitx

HI ALL
    I HAVE JUST DONE A CLEAN INSTALL OF THE LATEST VERSION 3.1.2434
    PREVIOUSLY I COULD HAVE EACH LINE ON THE SPA400 SETUP WITH THE SAME AUTH ID AND I COULD MONITOR WHICH LINE WAS BUSY ETC.
    NOW FOLLOWING THE SETUP UNDER THE SUPPORT SECTION I CAN ONLY HAVE 1 LINE AND THEN SEPERATE DID'S FOR EACH LINE.
    THIS SEEMS LIKE A STEP BACKWARDS AS NOW UNDER THE LINE STATUS I ONLY SEE 1 LINE FOR THE SPA400 INSTEAD OF 4.
    ANY REASON THIS WAS CHANGED OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING
    ALSO IN THE SETUP GUIDE YOU FAILED TO MENTION THAT REGISTRATION SHOULD BE SET TO NOTHING FOR IT TO WORK.
    SPA400 SHOWS LINE AS UNREGISTERED BUT STILL WORKS FINE

2. slinc

I just received my SPA400 today and have been working with the setup instructions under Support also but can not get it to work. You mentioned that "Registration" should be set to "Nothing". Where is this at and maybe it is why mine will not work?

Also, I agree seeing line status would be nice.

3. gregitx

In the gateway setup under advanced - registration - select do nothing
    The unit will not show as registered but will still work

4. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

As far as I know the SPA400 only has 1 authentication ID. How did you manage to configure this with 4 lines and get incoming calls to work without the message "cannot identify source of this call" ? Or did you configure this and only outgoing calls where working?

If you have a guide of how you configured this in the past, I would really like to have a look and test. Perhaps I am missing something.

5. slinc

Thanks gregitx, that got it working. Should probably be added to the setup instructions by 3CX.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Search is your friend :).

Link below tells you the whole story.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=995&start=0

This device, however we can get it to work, is not really support by 3CX I think it needs the big brother SPA9000.

But bfleishman knocked it on the head anyway.

7. gregitx

The problem is that I had it working fine with the older version now in the newer version everything has changed and i have lost some of the features

8. Avilla

Spa 400 setup

I have the same configuration and still not working.
    I followed the indication given in the tutorial, but the lines are not registered in the PBX.

I got this error messages

Authentication ID for Ln:10005@Gataway Spa400 doesn't match provided:  vs Spa400

Message SipReq: INVITE Spa400@XX.XXX.0.1 tid=-3d7b3dcb-79e45-c430899 cseq=INVITE contact=10013@XX.XXX.1.10:5060 / 2 from(wire) failed authentication!

Registration request from sip:a0000@XX.XXX.1.10 failed. Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Unregistering line: DN=10005

Line configuration does not allow identification of the source of this call. Check Advanced Options for Gateways and Providers and match a field to a correct value from the following: Contact IP: 'XX.XXX.1.10'; From: 'a0000'; To: '10012'; Rline: 'Spa400'; Contact: '10012'

Can you help ?

Many thanks in advance

9. gregitx

set 3cx not to register

10. Avilla

I have done it (see following) .

"Require (optionally: authorized) registration for: Nothing (doesn't require registration at all) "

But still not working
    I think it is the other way round: I have the impression that is the 3cx that do not recognize the call from the SPA400.

the first message error is:

"[CM001003] Authentication ID for Ln:10005@GW_SPA400 doesn't match provided:  vs SPA400"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its done before, have a look at this link.

http://www.jaydien.com/support/lvs_support.html

12. technicalpc

Hello itfarmer:

Your configuration worked great for me, but when we receive inbound calls, who is calling only hear a beep and the phones don't ring. Some other times the phones ring only once and the the call hangs-up.

I'm using ring group and not the recepcionist.

Any help would be very apreciated.

13. Avilla

I have the same situation....