Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys SPA941 Issue 3CX Version 12 SP 6.2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SentryIT, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SentryIT

We were recently advised by 3CX that we needed to install SP 6.1 and 6.2 before 1st August because they're making changes to their systems. Following the install some of our phones are no longer able to make outgoing calls but can receive calls.

In 3CX Management Console:
    Under extension status phones show Registered (idle)
    Under 'Phones' they show Unprovisioned but the option to re-provision is greyed out. I've also followed the Linksys instructions to provision the phones from the phones web interface and although this allowed them to change to registered under extension status they still show unprovisioned.
    The phones are not using the latest firmware but we have followed the Linksys instructions to get them updated but the installer just sits there saying it's waiting for a request from the phone.

2. Thomas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello,

As per http://www.3cx.com/support/ Linksys SPA 941 in not under 3CX Supported list so we cannot predict the behavior of IP Phones not tested with 3CX Phone System.

Thanks

3. SentryIT

These were working perfectly fine and have been for years (at least the last 12 months or more with V12) it was only after we installed update 6.1 that the issue appeared. One other thing i've noticed is that the ip address of the phones which can't make outgoing calls is shown as 192.168.16.##:5060 whereas all the working phones are showing 192.168.16.##:5062

4. SentryIT

I've changed the port number via the IP Phones web interface and that seems to have allowed the user to now make outgoing calls although they're still showing as unprovisioned.

5. Thomas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello,

As I have already mentioned since the IP phones are not officially supported and I assume the templates used are custom as well, we cannot predict the behavior of the IP Phones towards the 3CX Phone System. Any attempt to explain it would have been just guessing.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.