Linksys SPA942 External Extesion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sctlny, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sctlny

Currently I am running the free edition

In my lan I have 3 different computers working fine
    1 compter is using 3cx client
    1 computer is using x-lite
    1 computer is using Linksys SPA942

Everything works great; calls in, calls out, transfer between extesions

On the wan side (or remote location) I have a computer using 3cx client which works fine, but when I setup a Linksys SPA942 on the same computer it does not work.

I have read that generally means there is a firewall issue.

The firewall check under the general settings tab tells me that it passes sucessfully

If the 3cx client works fine why would not the SPA942

Thanks for any help on setting up SPA 942

Sctlny

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello and welcome,

set dns manulay
    enable stun server and set it to fwd stun server

3. mickp

You might also try chaging the sip port that you're using on your phone. Change it to use 5061 or 5062 and see if you have better success.

I've had problems with SPA942's behind billion routers that also have their own voip fxs ports. Even when I've had them placing and receiving calls okay I've still had problems with not being able to transfer calls. The solution that I'm using with these is to enable pppoe passthrough on the adsl router and then set the linksys to bring up it's own independent pppoe connection. This relies on the fact that the ISP that we use supports multiple concurrent pppoe connections (from the same site) per account. Works beutifully as there's no nat to traverse. The phone gets it's own actual internet address. This probably wouldn't scale very well as a solution but is fine for home and small branch offices.

Mick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.