Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys SPA942 provisioning template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jparisi, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jparisi

I have auto-provisioning set up for some Linksys SPA942 phones. I found a xml file under the data directory on the 3CX server.

I'm wondering, is there some way to modify this included xml file to create a standard template? I need to push the VM extension number, dial plans, time server settings, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's set up right, it pulled in the extension info and registered.

Thanks,

2. jparisi

I figured it out. there is a xml file in a templates directory. This fle contains some standard settings like the extension, 3cx server ip, etc to get the phone registered but is missing some other important fields.

By setting up a phone directly and then navigating to http://phoneip/admin/spacfg.xml you will get a list of settings from the phone in the correct syntax.

Cut and paste into the template file and you're all set.

Some items I added were:
    voicemail extension number (I think this should be standard)
    Phone label with user's name
    Time zone setting
    DST settings
    time server setting

It appears that the template file does not have to have a complete list of settings, it will ignore the ones not present. Also, you do not need to list them in any order. Thus, I made a separate section that contains the ones we added.

3. h2009

h2009 Member

Any chance you could post the file? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jparisi

Sure, when I get back to the office.

5. Laurent Filippi

Creating Repository for provisioning template

If there is interested people, i can create a Web repository to store all "customer" template.

This will help all members sharing custom template.

What do you think about this idea ?

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Re: Creating Repository for provisioning template

That's a great idea if you can share the bandwidth. I have some for Polycom phones. I have Linksys phones too but haven't played with provisioning yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jparisi

Here's the section we added to the SPA942 template:

<!--GACS Added Config options -->

<Primary_NTP_Server group="System/Optional_Network_Configuration">time.windows.com</Primary_NTP_Server>
    <Time_Zone group="Regional/Miscellaneous">GMT-05:00</Time_Zone>
    <Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule group="Regional/Miscellaneous">start=3/8/7/2:00;end=11/1/7/2:00;save=1</Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule>
    <Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable group="Regional/Miscellaneous">Yes</Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable>
    <Station_Name group="Phone/General">%%extension_first_name%%</Station_Name>
    <Voice_Mail_Number group="Phone/General">999</Voice_Mail_Number>
    <Dial_Plan_1_ group="Ext_1/Dial_Plan">([3469]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9,011xx.|9,xx.|[1-8]xx|*xx|*4xxx)</Dial_Plan_1_>
    <Back_Light_Timer group="User/Audio_Volume">Always On</Back_Light_Timer>
    <Default_Ring__1__ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">10</Default_Ring__1__>

We put them usder our own section to make them easily identifiable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.