linksys timings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techworx, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techworx

hi

i am using a combination of linksys spa 921/922/942 and keep getting the following problems

when i dial an extension it takes about 7 secs before the other phone starts to ring, is there a setting for this please?

secondly , on some phones,when i take it off hook , it only gives me less than a sec to dial out or it goes to engaged tone, this only happens on some phones, don't know what i have done , help please!!!!

i have now noticed if i use the default dial plan (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

i get plenty of time to dial

when i was having problems before , i changed dial plan to [x*]. which now results in calls ringing within a couple of secs of dialing but only get a second to dial when you go off hook

any help please????

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Linksys phones can be provisioned using provisioning procedure in 3cx. Provision your linksys phones because in the provision file we set the linksys to its best configuration with 3CX. You cannot go wrong with this.

This is a link for linksys manual provisioning but there are many more on the 3cx website, support page.
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/linksys-spa-9xx-provision.html

To make it even seamless you can provision the phone using option 66.
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/DHCP-option-66.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. techworx

am i right to understand that provisioning only works in the paid version?

thanks for this but im still using the free 3cx version , i want to try system out more before i buy it

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Provisioning in Version 7 is available in the free version.

You can also use the Demo key if you want to check some of the licensed features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.