Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linux API Access

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by DougIII, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougIII

Telephony developer wants to port some applications from Cisco Call Manager to 3CX.

My customer is working with 3CX running on Linux. I do not see any references to using the APIs on Linux.

I need ability to access CDRs, trigger/retrieve Call Recordings, initialize paging and intercom, monitor all outward dialed numbers in realltime. We need to do all this in the Linux version of 3CX.

Can anyone point me to some documentation?

Thanks,

Doug

2. Andreas Paradisiotis

3. DougIII

Andreas, thank you for your reply. I have review this page previously but I am confused about a 3cx system running on Linux. Is the 3cx running naively on Linux or is it really running on a virtual windows machine hosted by Linux?

The support page for the API says: "API that requires .NET, C#" and "the API is only available on the server, i.e any application that is using it must be running on the server itself. This is because the service will not accept connections from 0.0.0.0 (ANY IP). Connections are only accepted from 127.0.0.1 (localhost)."

So I am wondering how I access the API if the 3cx server is running on Linux?

DougIII

4. Andreas Paradisiotis

The API is available both on Windows and Linux. You need to create a .Net Core portable project or .Net standard and use the API from there. The PBX is running on linux under Net.Core

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.