Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

List of supported phone, 3CX can do better?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pierre.bln, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pierre.bln

Hi,

As we are having issues with our "old" SPA922, we are thinking to test another range of phones. Yet, despite a great and comprehensive website here, understanding which phones work well (or not) with 3CX is a big mess :oops:

The main support page does list some phones as "preferred" (basically the new cisco phones), but there is no compatibility table that would - at a glance - help users to direct their phone choices.
    There are many items that phones do or do not support, for example for us, the phonebook is important (and of course, after purchase we realized the SPA922 didn't do that...which is indeed indicated somewhere in the 3CX manual).

I don't know if 3CX guys sometimes read these forums, but please ! Publish a short, clean and simple IP phone compatibility phone table. In columns: all the phones you have tested or consider important, in rows: all the relevant info (what the "support" status of this model, does it support auto-privisonning, is a template available, is the 3CX phonebook supported....)... add a few elegant checkboxes, and that's it !

I wanted to try SNOM phones (which I recall used to be well supported by 3CX), but now I realize CISCO has become the new "best choice" for 3CX users. If I believe the manual, that would mean still underusing 3CX, with no phonebook support...
    The bottom line is: many integrators surely have an existing infrastructure and make sure 3CX matches their needs. For Small businesses like mine, it's the opposite: with no "super experienced tech guy", we just want a phone system that works with 3CX; if we need to renew 7 phones based on a clear "comparison table", we will do it. That would improve our overall VoIP experience...and our 3CX one at the same time. :D

Best regards,

2. willow

willow Member

I prefer the Grandstream and Yealink series of Phones. I mainly use them over the Cisco brands because at times the cisco phones and webpage get a little convaluted and annoying to say the least. SIP is an open standard protocol so it is hard to find exact matches for what you need or want though 99% of them will work. It helps to make a list of what features you want the phones to have and then compare the brands and see what fits you. You can always call a partner if you need assistance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pierre.bln

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely do some digging before opting for new phones. Choosing a partner is great...but when there is no partner in the area, paying for an intermediary for remote support isn't something encouraging to say the least.

My point is I think 3CX could do a "bare minimum" to inform everyone on maintream/basic phone functionnalities. I understand that 3CX needs to encourage its partner network (not only it prevents newbies from DIYing their system, but it also helps better marketing 3CX).
    I do think displaying a basic "phone compatibility" list wouldn't prevent sales through reliable 3CX partners, but of course, that's just one user's point of view ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.