Listen In - 3CXPhone takes over on another machine.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by supplenta, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supplenta

On my Windows PC, I have 3CXPhone installed in Softphone mode. If I then have 3CXPhone on my Mac open and I want to live listen into a call... when I click Listen, it answers it on my 3CXPhone for Windows and I have no way of listening in on my Mac.

I don't know why it takes over? How do you stop this from happening?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @supplenta,

this is happening because an invite comes from the PBX towards your extension, and the fastest client picks up. If you turn the windows client off the request should arrive to your Mac client

3. supplenta

Why does it auto-answer when I haven't got it specified? Should I not be able to choose which device I want it to answer on? It rings all my phones... but doesn't give me the chance to answer it on any.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When you click on listen the PBX sends an invite to the clients. If you have one it will send one if you have two or more it will send two or more.
    Then the fastest client will answer and the PBX will send cancel to the rest of the clients. This is how it was designed so when you click listen it connects immediately. If you wish for this functionality to change you post this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum.

5. supplenta

Ok, I would have thought it would be better to give the user the choice of which device they want to answer it on....

I may want to listen into a phone call, but walk away from the office. In that scenario I would want to use my mobile. I may be using my laptop upstairs, or in another office and want to listen in, therefore I would want to answer it on that, not have it connect on another machine that I am not anywhere near.

I shouldn't have to close the 3CXPhone app on my other machines.

I will submit it as a 'feature request'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.