Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Listen in without the call center module?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Is there a procedure to listen in on a call if I don't have the call center module? What I want to do is listen in on an employee's call, with their request, to troubleshooot some beeping noises they say they are hearing when a 2nd call comes in.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Isn't this related to your other post? It sounds as if there is an audible notification, of a second call, enabled, on the set.

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

Yes, it is related, and sorry, didn't mean to be double posting, just thought I'd ask two questions in two posts so I'd have as much info as possible for tonight after hours troubleshooting.

Your suggestion of a notification is interesting, any idea where to look in a Yealink phone?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The short answer is no, the feature of "listen in" is only available in the call center module. However, the true answer is dependent upon the phone model and make as some support "shared lines" and you could also conceivably get a 3-way conference going, or even engage the speaker phone aspect as possibilities

However, the issue is apparently one in which you would have to either be listening all the time as who knows when a second call will come in; or better yet, why not duplicate the issue and record some calls?

You should be able to also look at the logs and see how calls are being routed and from there you can determine if 2 calls are somehow getting directed to a single phone. A call wait function is what you seemingly describe might also be understood more so if you can confirm that only the person on your side hears the tone/beep or whatever as usually this is transparent to the person on the other end.

Finally, are the extensions of interest set to accommodate more than one call at a time?

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Recordings are turned on now, and hopefully will help me pinpoint this further. I also had the "I want to be able to accept more than one call" turned on, which it turns out does not do what I thought it does. Support tells me to use queues instead of ring groups, so I need to test that.

6. DimitriSuter

Yealink Web GUI:
    Look under Telephone / Features / General Settings, turn off Call Waiting Notification

7. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks, I found it, it was turned on, now more testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.