Listening to Hold Music

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adza, Feb 24, 2008.

1. adza

Hi,

On many PBX systems, the extentions are able to listen to the music that's on hold by dialing a certain number. I was just wondering if this was also possible with the 3CX system, and if so - what buttons does one need to press?

Thanks & Regards

Adam.

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Do you just want to listen to what the hold music sounds like? or is there any purpose to your request that might be useful in day-to-day operation?

You can listen to the hold music by playing the wav file associated to it, or you could always create an extension that was permanently busy!

3. adza

Hi,

And thanks for your reply. I just realised as I read your message that I'm probably not going to be able to achieve what I want anyway. On standard PBX systems, many are plugged direct into the radio. My idea was to be able to plug the radio in, and extentions could listen to the radio if they so chose to.

However, as you stated, only wav files are played, so this wouldn't work anyway.

Thanks for your reply though.

Best Regards

Adam.

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

You should note that you'll fall foul of the performing rights society if you do that. They charge a license for you to broadcast that sort of thing.

5. copia

I know this is an old post, but I've been searching for the same thing.
    Although the system provides slightly different "channels" for some services (I'm not sure on the older versions pre V12), if you've set up an 3CX Music On Hold Audio Service with a playlist (you can make various playlists, shuffle seems easiest), you can set the Conferencing Music on hold as a Playlist.
    Then once that's all set up, you can dial into the conference place ;)
    Not sure on the limit of the conference IDs, but if you want multiples, just use a new ID per new extension (when you dial the conference extension). This is where the caller is the "organiser" and is waiting for participants, with some funky music to cure the boredom.