• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Live Call Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallout

Reaction score
An example is.If I am on a Outside call on EXT 802...How do I transfer that call to EXT 801.

PS Great Product...Very Easy to use...

Please provide your system log. Softphone or hardphone? Brand and model as well.

I'm using Uniden Phones with Lynkseys PAP2 ATA's.

I'm not sure if the Phone or the PABX does the Call transfer handling.

I have the same issue, how can I transfer a call between two extensions? I am using the X-Lite softphone

Thanks

Marco

You need to use the Transfer function either on the softphone or the hard phones. On the Linksys phones (and most others) you hit xfer then dial the extension.
With X-Lite you need to upgrade to get the XFER button enabled.
Not sure if you can do that with 3CX Softphone?

Hi Fallout,

The current version of 3CX PBX no */# + code function for call transfer/3- way conference via ATA. Except the build-in function at ATA.

m5QG4 said:
Hi Fallout,

The current version of 3CX PBX no */# + code function for call transfer/3- way conference via ATA. Except the build-in function at ATA.

So in other words no call parking or transfer like Asterisk is supported by using EG: #70 ect.

Oh well maybe it will be added soon.

3CX PBX... as I know that only have *10* to pickup the call or *10* + EXT to pickup extension in ring.

Even Asterisk can do everything. However, it's not easy to config.

Hope 3CX can do those BASIC PBX function SOON.

We sure could implement key-codes for transfer and like, but:

-- to make a transfer with keycodes PBX should be in the middle of all RTP channles to filter out DTMF codes. It means that all calls should go thru Media Server, that in turn doubles traffic. Are you ready to sacrifice your bandwidth to have an ability, which can be easily done with one-button-Transfer-capable phones?? I don't think so.

That is why we have only call-pickup keycodes, it doesn't need DTMF filtering. And we're ready to extend keycodes for functions that doesn't involved DTMF, i.e. they work when you pick up phone and dial some code NOT DURING an active call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.