• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Load balancing with a Portech MV-374 GSM gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmacleod

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just put one of these GSM gateways in for a client, and wondered if there was any way of splitting the call load between the 4 SIM cards inside it. There doesn't appear to be a lot of smarts in the Portech box itself, or maybe I'm just not able to understand the...interesting...words and phrasings in the manual to make sense of it.

As far as I can tell, it'll hit SIM 1 nearly every time as the load on this device is not high. Maybe we will get 2 concurrent calls out of it and hit SIM 2, but that will be rare. I don't want to have to tell the user to manually shuffle the SIM cards from time to time...that's all sorts of ugly :)

Any thoughts, anyone ?

Cheers,
Paul.

You must solve the issue in the gateway itself, unfortunately you need to read the manuals.
However 3CX is not able to provide load balancing (I've also requested many times this feature, but ignored), very important in similar cases or analog trunk lines. (this is quite simple, any other PBX in the world is able to do it, but 3CX developers decided not to implement it, may be because they don't need it).

In your case, theoretically, 3CX should be able to address specific SIM card to be able to achieve some kind of load balancing. Even 3CX was able to provide it, I doubt the gateway will allow it externally.

Regards

Hi Paul,

There is a wonderful post written by Richard Crabb. Maybe this is the answer to your question.
http://www.3cx.com/forums/portech-configuration-with-multiple-concurrent-calls-16906.html

Thanks Orlin and Frank for your input :)

Frank, on a quick initial inspection Richard looks to have done most of what I'm trying to do. Thanks again for the tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.