Load balancing with a Portech MV-374 GSM gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pmacleod, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmacleod

Hi,

I've just put one of these GSM gateways in for a client, and wondered if there was any way of splitting the call load between the 4 SIM cards inside it. There doesn't appear to be a lot of smarts in the Portech box itself, or maybe I'm just not able to understand the...interesting...words and phrasings in the manual to make sense of it.

As far as I can tell, it'll hit SIM 1 nearly every time as the load on this device is not high. Maybe we will get 2 concurrent calls out of it and hit SIM 2, but that will be rare. I don't want to have to tell the user to manually shuffle the SIM cards from time to time...that's all sorts of ugly :)

Any thoughts, anyone ?

Cheers,
    Paul.

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You must solve the issue in the gateway itself, unfortunately you need to read the manuals.
    However 3CX is not able to provide load balancing (I've also requested many times this feature, but ignored), very important in similar cases or analog trunk lines. (this is quite simple, any other PBX in the world is able to do it, but 3CX developers decided not to implement it, may be because they don't need it).

In your case, theoretically, 3CX should be able to address specific SIM card to be able to achieve some kind of load balancing. Even 3CX was able to provide it, I doubt the gateway will allow it externally.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Paul,

There is a wonderful post written by Richard Crabb. Maybe this is the answer to your question.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/portech-configuration-with-multiple-concurrent-calls-16906.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pmacleod

Thanks Orlin and Frank for your input :)

Frank, on a quick initial inspection Richard looks to have done most of what I'm trying to do. Thanks again for the tip :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.