Load Generator / Stress test

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXusername, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Good day,

What is the best way to stress test a 3CX implementation?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This will vary, to a great deal from one installation to another. A simple call from one internal extension to another, if the call audio does not pass through the PBX, puts very little load as compared to, perhaps, a trunk call, one where the audio is forced to pass through the PBX, or, transcoding is involved. Recording of calls, or use of voicemail, and extensive use of features such as IVR's and queues could also affect performance in varying degrees. Unless you are attempting to run 3CX on a "budget" system, then I would think that most recent model, decent quality, servers, or high ender PC's shouldn't have a problem. if you have a specific hardware configuration in mind, post the details and you will no doubt get some comments.

If you provided more information on the set-up in question (extension, trunk details), then someone with something similar, might be able to provide the load figures, that they have experienced.

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping for some type of call simulator.

I am supporting 125 extensions and less than 32 simultaneous calls.

Following the 3CX published guidelines here is my configuration:

o 3CXserver v12 SP6 (on VMware 5.5)
     O/S: Windows 2k8 R2 Standard x64
     CPU: 2x vCPU
     MEM: 4GB
     vNIC: VMXNET3

Suppose you can always add more horsepower but any concerns?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.