Local IP treated as NOT local.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wzaatar, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wzaatar

Greeting, folks.

I have a network with two subnets 172.16.1.x/24 and 172.16.2.x/24 with my 3CXv14 server registered at 172.16.1.2

I've used the custom LocalSubnets parameter to force the entire 172.16.0.0/16 to be treated as local, yet for some reason the 172.16.2.x phones are not (I can see it in the log).

Knowing that this feature worked on previous versions, did anyone come across this situation before? Any advice on a resolution? I suspect that the LocalSubnets is not *maybe* used in the latest 3CX version?

Cheers,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wzaatar

Would anyone from 3CX please confirm if this feature was at least removed and would be the substitute for it? I can't find anything in the user manual.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

What issues are you seeing?
    I have multiple setups on version from 12 to 14 that have multiple subnets and haven't ever ran into a issue with it or having to modify anything to make it work.

By default 3CX will see "10.0.0.0/8,169.254.0.0/16,172.16.0.0/12,192.168.0.0/16" as the local subnets so those include your subnets mentioneded.

If you could give a little more details on the issues you have could maybe help you out with it.

4. wzaatar

Hi Tucker,

Thanks for your reply.

I was running 3CX on a prior version (v10) and upgraded to v14. My network leverages 172.16.1.x/24 and 172.16.2x/24 for various operational reasons.

3CXv14 is installed on 172.16.1.2/24. First, I specified that 172.16.0.0/16 was under LocalSubnets, then I tried 172.16.1.0/24 and 172.16.2.0/24 but both yielded the same situation: The 172.16.2.x phones are treated as NOT local, leading to a STUN usage and 1-way voice situations.

I copied the logs and opened them with the log viewer. I clearly see messages that state "IP 172.16.2.104 is NOT local" for example, whereas "IP 172.16.2.195 is local" also appear... Which makes me believe that the LocalSubnets variable is not applied correctly... Unless I'm missing something.

I was wondering if there is ANY other way in v14 to explicitly define a range of subnets as local since the LocalSubnets custom variable doesn't seem to work at my end.

Cheers,

W.

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

What brand phones are you using?
    If under provisioning you are selecting "Local Lan" then STUN should not be playing any factor into it.
    Did you by chance update your provisioning templates after the update or are you using custom templates?

Any chance you can provide a wireshark capture to me of a test call? PM if the capture if you could and ill gladly take a look at it and see what i can tell.

Any chance youd like me to jump on remotely? teamviwer or such and ill take a look at your system configuration with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.