Location of Prompt files

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

The documentation says the files should be in DATA\IVR\Promt

I only see Data\DB and Data\Process

There is a 3CX Phone System/Bin, DATA,Instance1

Under Instance1 I see the directories Bin, DATA

Instance1/DATA/IVR there is no Prompt directory

I did a search on one of the Prompt files onhold.wav in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts
    but I can not see the Prompts Directory

Hidden files are checked for display

Any one have any idea

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Assuming you are using V14, the prompts are stored under C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts\ on the 3CX server.

If you do no see a subfolder "Sets" (although you should), go into the Management Console -> Updates -> System Prompt Sets, here check the prompt(s) you want and download them.

Also, if you want to edit some you can do so from the Management Console. To do this go to the Management Console -> Settings -> System Prompts. Here then:
    1) Press "Manage Promptsets".
    2) In the new window that appears press "Copy Promptset" and give the new Promptset a new distinguishable name, e.g. "Custom Promptset", then press OK.
    3) Make sure the new Promptset is selected in the "Active Promptset" drop-down menu and press "Set As Current Promptset", then press OK.
    4) Now you should be able to record a new prompt set of them ones listed there or upload your own .wav file.

Remember that the supported .wav file format is: PCM, 8KHz, 16-bit, Mono

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.