Locked out of phone system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thewoose, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewoose

I have seen this type of thread before, but no one addresses what happens when my IP is NOT whitelisted after 30 minutes. I waited overnite, and it still won't let me in. Where in the linux filesystem is this blacklist file? I already put in a military-style firewall but if it's blocking me there's nothing I can do. Please tell me where this file is.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Get another address. If you put in a "military-style" firewall then you should know how to get another IP address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thewoose

Thanks. I was able to use my phone tethered to get in and un-blacklist. I still don't know why it wouldn't release the blacklist, or why it blacklisted my IP in the first place, but oh well.

4. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi thewoose,
    Regarding the time needed for an IP to be removed from the blacklist, if you navigate to Dashboard >> Settings >> Security, you can see the Blacklist Time Interval. By default it is 1800 seconds. Check if the value was altered.
    Also from the activity Log you may be able to find the reason why you were blacklisted in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.