Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Log call details

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by jbusato, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbusato

Hi all,
    I'm trying to design with VAD a workflow that would log call details into our HelpDesk/TroubleTicketing software using a webservice.
    Goal is opening a ticket with call details everytime a customer call our HD even if none answer him.

My idea was to use the "session.callid" variable to obtain data directly from the postgresql db but the VAD format (FROM__ANI_To_DNIS_Menu_DNIS_#C/XXX) is different from the DB one (timestamp_YYY).

So there are many questions in my mind now:

Where is XXX stored?
    Why format are different?
    Is there any relationship between XXX and YYY?
    Is there any other way to obtain call details in VAD (e.g. duration)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jary

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

In order to match a call from the CallHistory3 table into the 3CX database you need to use the session.ani (caller id) and date and time when the call started.

The session.callid variable contains an ID that identifies the IVR call, but there is no relation with the 3CX call id.

Using the Call Control API into your web service you may have more information about the call. For example, you can query active calls on real time:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.