Log File Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by design2host, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. design2host

Hi,

I've downloaded the 3cx software approximately 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at the features available and ease of use of the free version, however i've run into problem.

The system seems to run fine most of the time however last monday (4th Feb) i can back to find my server with 0 MB free on my C drive and this was due to 74 GB of backup log files for the 3cx. I had to delete these to get everything up and running again. I checked the logging setting and it was set to medium and i have now set this to low, but I have gone into my office today to find the same problem 0 MB free on C and 74GB of backup log files. Again i have had to delete these.

Now i realise i dont' have any of the log files left to post up (and not sure if i could upload one anyway due to the size) but has anyone else run into this problem before or have any idea what is causing this and how to resolve it?

My setup is as follows:-

Memory: 2GB RAM
    Disk Capacity: 160 GB Hard Disk (just under 50% free when log files haven't eaten it up)
    VOIP line via sipgate.co.uk - no physical line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are currently trialing this system in our own office and we hope to be able to use this for our clients once we have it all figured out.

Many Thanks.

Christopher Shennan
    http://www.design2host.co.uk

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

My suggestion: wait for the log file to grow. Look for lines wich are repeated (and causing the grow). Post these lines.

Thanks.

3. npyt

I just expereinced the same problem.. and have also deleted the log file...

Is there any feature for Auto-Deleting the logfiles so they don't eat up the entire C Drive ??

4. npyt

This is the line that's repeated most in the hourly 9 mb Log files:

17:22:54.093|.\StunClient.cpp(250)|Log2|STUN|StunClient::eek:nTestTout:[CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 64.69.76.23 has timed out; used Transport: 192.168.6.231:5060<br>

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Guys,
    It is easy to contorl max size of your logs. Please, open 3CXPhoneSystem.ini and set all occurences of MaxFileSizeKB to desired size. This is the limit of log file in main log directory (xxxxx\Data\Logs).
    Now, let's deal with backups. ATM, you can not control max overall size of backed up logs, but you can disable backups at all. If you have stable working system you probably don't need that backups at all. In the same ini file find all occurences of KeepBackup value and set it to 0 (zero) to disable backup of that log file.
    If you''re using tunnel and it produces a lot of logs - you may want to do the same in 3CXTunnel.ini file.
    Note, that changing log level in web console may change that values in 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.