Log file

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GasperS, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasperS

Hello.

We have been using 3CX for 3 years now. And we have expended from 15 to 90 users since then. I want to know if there is a log file, which I can use to see what is the max number of simultaneous calls over time. I don't want to upgrade licence to late...

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards, Gasper

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

If you set the 3CX Logs to verbose, there will be a message popping up in the logs every 30 seconds saying how many calls are being made at that time.

To do this go to: Settings > Advanced > Logging Level: Verbose.
    After this you would need to restart the phonesystem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GasperS

Thank you,

but I already know that.
    The problem is, server activity log is about 100 lines long and that is far too short to get any usefull info.
    I would like to know if there is some kind of text file, where all logged events are stored (not just a few recent ones).

Regards, Gasper

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no specific log file that says how many calls are being made at that time or an average amount of sim calls over time.
    As i said, you can either check the PBX server log and check for that line that says how many calls are going on at that time, or check the 3CX Call Assistant.

Currently there is no other way of counting how many calls are going on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Well you could stay monitoring it at the end of the day to see what the average calls are and the max.

Start at this location:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\logs

Look for a file called 3CXphonesystem.log

Using a decent text tool collect all the "Currently active calls"

once you have all those next to each other in a list count them like this they show up every now and again for troubleshooting purposes

Currently active calls [14,17,19,20,21] ----- thats 5 calls
    Currently active calls [13] ----- thats 1 call
    Currently active calls [69,92] ----- thats 2 calls

You get the idea basically.

you then end up with an information sheet similar to this

10:30 5 calls
    12:30 1 call
    5:30 2 calls

That will give you an idea of whats happening, this should take more then 10 minutes a day so you can analyse your data. Im sorry for a tedious task but most people monitor by using the assistant.

6. GasperS

Hi

I don't have the time to look at the Assistant all the time... I rather write the script that parses the file at the end of the day.

In my case the file is called 3CXPhoneSystem.log and is in a different folder, but otherwise this is what I've been looking for.

Thank you both for your help.

Best regards, Gasper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.