Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Log out time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by galal202, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    How Can I change the log out time?

2. carolinainnovative

Logout time on what?

3. galal202

galal202 New Member

On management console

4. carolinainnovative

CAVEAT 1: What I'm about to tell you is likely COMPLETELY unsupported.
    CAVEAT 2: Editing the file I'm about to tell you to edit could completely break your management console requiring you to restore from backup. Have a good backup of the system on hand just in case.

You have been warned.

The web management console is little more than an asp.net application with a really nice set of controls running it. in theory you could change the expiration time in the web.config file... I don't know if our friends at 3cx would take kindly to it - but it is doable.

%ProgramData%\3cx\Data\HTTP\Interface\Web.config

Code:
          <forms cookieless="UseCookies" defaultUrl="MainForm.wgx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false" loginUrl="Logout.aspx" name="Interface" protection="All" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" timeout="10" />

Find that line - change the timeout value. It is in minutes.

Now - that might not be the ONLY place the timeout is set - their system may have its own timeout buried somewhere... but this is a good starting place.

Good luck - and again - UNSUPPORTED - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. :)

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

follow salter advice and it will work no problems.
    change timeout="10" value to anything you want it.

Restart webserver after.

Thanks salter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sunstate

sunstate Member

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but is this timeout value used for the web reporter as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes it is valid for all web applications.

However in the case of the reporter you need to cater for 2 things:
    Open the webconfig of the webreports folder..
    1)
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms cookieless="UseCookies" defaultUrl="MainForm.wgx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false" loginUrl="Logout.aspx" name="WebCallReporter" protection="All" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" timeout="7200"/>
    </authentication>

Note timeout is 7200 in this case.

2)
    <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="3600"/>
    Note timeout here for session state is 3600

YOu can increase these timeouts to control the log out time. HOWEVER remember that the timeout for (1) must be DOUBLE the timeout described in (2)

OKAY??

What is your problem exactly?

8. sunstate

sunstate Member

Not really a problem, just an annoyance. She'll run a report and sit there and look through it and listen to the recordings, which can take some time. Then when she goes to run another report it prompts her to log in again.

So the default timout is 60 minutes? She's making it sound like it logs her out after 5 or 10 minutes.

9. sunstate

sunstate Member

I don't see any timout values in \WebCallReporter\Web.config that are defaulted to 7200. Here are the three timeout values I see:

Code:
    <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="3600"/>

<forms cookieless="UseCookies" defaultUrl="MainForm.wgx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false" loginUrl="Logout.aspx" name="WebCallReporter" protection="All" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" timeout="3600"/>

<sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="10"/>
    Are the first two in seconds and the third in minutes? If so, that third timer seems to make sense. She says it definitely doesn't last 60 minutes.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Change
    <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="10"/>
    to
    <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="1800"/>

Let me know. It should increase log out time to 30 minutes. This should fix your issue.

If you want it more follow my instructions in the previous post to double the timeout.

11. sunstate

sunstate Member

That seems to have done the trick. However, I do believe that timeout value is in minutes. When I set it to 1800, and then let the reporter sit idle for over an hour, it did not log me out. Then I changed the timer to 2 and it logged me out after a couple minutes. Just a heads up.

Thanks.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes it's in minutes. Definitely.
    Keep in mind that if you touch or update the web page you reset the timer again to zero and it starts again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.