Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Log softphone out of queue but not deskphone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dave-ee, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave-ee

Hoi!

So, I've got a scenario where reception calls come onto my softphone and my deskphone via a ring group, but I'm wondering if there's a way of logging my softphone out of the queue but not my deskphone. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved?

I've tested logging my softphone out of the queue but it affects my whole extension, unfortunately. E.g. Logout from Queue -> Receives no calls from queue on softphone and deskphone.

The reason for this is my mobile goes off everytime I get a reception call, and it's extremely loud in the office, and even when I pick up the call on my deskphone my mobile won't pick up that I've already picked up the call for a while, so I have to manually decline the call on my mobile while answering it on my deskphone. Quite frustrating, and very loud.

So, does anyone have any ideas? I basically want it so my softphone doesn't receive calls from that queue, while my deskphone does (I'd prefer to keep them under the same extension).

Thanks!

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Make your deskphone a different extension from the softphone. Forward one to the other and put the other on DND

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dave-ee

Thanks for the reply, however do you know of any other way to do it while keeping 1 extension per user? 2 extensions per person is not ideal, especially since I'm not the only one with this kind of issue. At the moment I've disabled 3CX notifications on my mobile but I know someone's eventually going to call my extension while I'm out and I'm going to miss it, so that's definitely not ideal either.

Would be nice to have a per-phone DND or queue login/logout button! :)

4. V..

V..

Are you using Android or iOS for your mobile?

If you are using Android simply exit the app using the option Exit Ingore Push.

Once you woulkd like to recieve calls on your mobile device again you can just re open the app.

If you are on iOS you could achieve the same effect by temporarily turning off PUSH for your extension but this is not ideal for non admins.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Dave-ee

I will agree with @V.. on this one. While you are at the office simply Exit -Ignore Push on the client. For iOS you can just un-select the account through the client and re-select it once you are about to leave the office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.