Logging levels

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by blueriver, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueriver

I have 3CX v7 and have the logging set to medium.

Does this record all the calls in the logs, and also, where are the logs stored on the server?

Thanks

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I would suggest you upgrade to v9.

No, the logging levels are for tracing problems and show up in the server activity logs.

For call recording you need to go to the setting for each extension and turn on call recording for that extension

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blueriver

Hi,

We don't want to upgrade the customer to v9 yet as we haven't had time to test with outbound SIP trunks. We had problems with this in v8.

So is there no log for the calls that are being made/received?

I don't want to record the calls specifically. I just want to know the details of the calls through the PBX, the connections through the ISDN channels to see where a trend lies in a call quality problem.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Ahh my mistake - I misunderstood what you were trying to "record"

The call details log is what you are needing. That is available on the PBX only and not through the web interface (though I have requested this feature be added).

Log into the PBX machine then go to Start > Programs > 3CX and you will see it there. You can run various reports depending on the settings you made in 3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. blueriver

This is a really good report tool, but unfortunately the reports tool doesn't gave me the information that I require.

It will give me how many calls and the total duration that came through each ISDN channel. And it will give me the full call list by phone number to each of the extensions, but it doesn't show which ISDN channel each call came through on that report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.