• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Login access denied. Too many incorrect login attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beuningen IT

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I'm using 3CX v16 on a Raspberry Pi for one of my customers. It ran perfectly the last month, but suddenly the customer called and said that the 3CX app on their iPhones isn't working correctly. They can make calls, but cannot see their colleagues status, cannot view the incoming/called lists and are unable to change their status. I then tried logging in to their management portal, but I'm unable to as I'm getting the error message "Login access denied. Too many incorrect login attempts".

I've checked the backup which seems to be working fine so I could check the .xml file. The given admin password is 100% correct and I'm not listed with any of the public IP's that I tried using to enter the management console. Restarting the 3CX-services and eventually restarting the Raspberry Pi didn't work at all.

I know when you get this error you'll be on the blacklist, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I've tried this yesterday and today (at least 24 hours later) I'm still getting this error on multiple public IP's (tried about 5-6 of them). Is there anyone that had this issue before?

Hi @Beuningen IT

If you connect to the Pi locally with an office PC, and use a Private browsing window, will it allow you to at least try to log in?

Reactions: Beuningen IT
Hi @JohnS_3CX,

Just tried that. I'm receiving exactly the same error message on every username/password that I try.

Was this option changed in your PBX by any chance, to allow access only from a specific IP?

Hi @JohnS_3CX,

Not that I am aware of. Is there any possibility to check this?

You need to WHITE LIST the site, I had this happen to me last month when one of the users at a customer site entered the wrong password in too many times, it took the entire hosted site off line. Caught me by surprise and I was able to recover quickly. An innocent task with negative results.

Think about it, you have multiple users logging in from the same IP Subnet as far has the PBX is concerned. It perceives a security threat and Black Lists the subnet and you are out of service in a heart beat. Now I White List all important access IP Addresses/Subnets version 16 makes it even easier by setting up management access White Lists/Black Lists.

"I'm still getting this error on multiple public IP's (tried about 5-6 of them) "

@ucme4now Yes but Beuningen IT mentioned trying to log in from other external IPs too, so those should have provided access since they haven't been banned yet (unless Console Restrictions have been applied in which case those public IPs will not work.

@Beuningen IT - Do you have SSH access to the Pi while it's running?

I just received access to the management console again. Not sure why, but it started accepting me again. I immediately whitelisted a few IP's and those are the only one that are able to connect to the management console for now. I think an IP-address tried bruteforcing into the admin account which disabled it. That won't happen again since I only let whitelisted IP's login to the management console.

Everything seems to be working fine right now. I'll let you know when something changes. Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated!

I'm glad it was resolved, whitelisting should do the trick for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinalsa
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.