Login status not consistent in desktop client

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lance Lavery, Mar 14, 2018.

Login status not consistent in desktop client 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. Lance Lavery

In the example below, Sarah is not logged in. She doesnt show up at all in the Presence Information Tab which I do not understand at all. Her status in the Chat Tab shows green, which is misleading because she is not here. But when I look at the webclient it shows her as grey, which I would assume is not logged in.

[​IMG]

Back to the Presence Information Tab. Why are users not logged into the system not shown? Not logged in is a presence status and removing them from the tab now requires extra steps to contact them. This should be an option like,Show only available Users, Show All Users or Sort All Users by Status to put people not logged into the system at the bottom.

Thanks
    Lance

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You have to play a bit also with Switchboard settings - there you control how extensions are shown.
    Chat status is different than Presence status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly likes this.
  3. Lance Lavery

[​IMG]

If that was the case then they should be green in the web client. It's still inconsistent and misleading.
    I do not know of any chat application ever that shows an available status when the user is not logged in. If it is not showing an actual status, change the icon to something other than green, if it is, make it consistent across the platforms.

Lance

4. Nick Bartlett

I agree, to me it seems counter-intuitive that the chat feature doesn't reflect the extensions status. We support some users that only use the 3CXPhone app, so when they are offline, their extension shows as unregistered, which is reflected correctly in the presence information, the switchboard, and the management console. However, in the chat tab, the icon for that extension is green, which to other users makes it appear as though the extension is online.

Also, I'm sure this wasn't the case in V14, and unregistered extensions would show offline in chat.