Login to or Logout from Individual Queues from the Phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by greg@summitrad, Sep 6, 2016.

Login to or Logout from Individual Queues from the Phone 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. greg@summitrad

It would be wonderful is a user could log IN or OUT of individual Queues or Ring groups from the phone. Especially if they do not have access to a computer, phone, or tablet where they could run the Client software. You could use Dial codes - *62 followed by the Queue or Ring group Number to log in, and *63 and the Queue or Ring group number to log out. (It sounds so simple in non-developer land doesn't it?)

I used to be a reseller, and even now I do a little side work. I did and still do lots of work with some Warehousers and Wholesalers. These employees use cordless phones to operate inside the warehouse area. Most have no access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone. So all they could do is logout of ALL queues they are members of, or Login to those Queues.

This is the biggest roadblock in adopting 3CX with these clients for sure. Two of them are on Altigen systems I put in years and years ago. They still use them (even paying support.. YIKES). But, they won't move to 3CX because it doesn't log in and out of individual queues from the phones. (I would love it if someone would tell me I'm dead wrong and then tell me how).

Greg

I did not find this anywhere else. I so thought I'd posted this before, but it is not in my history of posted messages. If this is a duplicate, I apologize for that.

2. kenttec

yes I suggested this too ages ago, hopefully if you get enough votes for them to do something about it.