• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Login to Queue's using HTTP API

Status
Not open for further replies.

unoa

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm trying to build a script which logs on people to the queues automaticly based on their computer client IP address. However, if the client IP matches some reserved IP's in the DHCP it will make a call using the following 3cX HTTP API String:

http://<pbx>:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext>&to=<dest>&pin=<ext_pin>

To log into a queue;
•Dial *62 to log the extension into all the Queues that the extension is a member of.
•Dial *63 to log the extensions out of all the queues to which the extension has logged in.

However this requires user interaction. The user must pickup the call to be loged on to the queue, so its now a half automatic logon. If the IP does not match the user gets a call to logoff.

Is there a way to make this work fully automated? I am hoping there is a command for the HTTP API to silently logon or logoff users from the call Queues. Anyone knows how to get this to work?

The problem is, I don't have automatic call pickup.

*9<ext> does only work if you dial this manually on the phone. I already tested the URL you just posted but this comes up with a make-call on the phone which you have to manuallt pickup.

I guess the HTTP API is to limited for the functionallity i'd like to use.

misunderstood ur post, works fine!

Glad to hear it...

Hi guys, I'm experiencing issues when passing the the following HTTP API request to control a Queue status:

http://x.x.x.x:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=*9<ext>&to=*63&pin=<password>

We get the "Make Call" and the call initiates but we receive the audible message "Call Transfer failed, number is busy" when we try calling *62 or *63 for Queue controls.

Initializing Calls and setting Available mode etc works fine using this method.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.