Login very slow

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nycherry, Oct 9, 2007.

1. nycherry

It takes 2-3 minutes to just login and another 2-3 minutes to change screeen to server status and another few minutes to get back to the line status. I installed 3cx two weeks ago it was fine when I installed nowit is very very slow. All other links in the application seems to be working fine no delay. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong I was thinking that it is generating too much log but i cannot find any big log files ..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Hi, you tried to reboot your computer already? If so, see if there's any process using the processor at full load or something.

Cheers

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

If rebooting doesn't work any chance this machine could have some spyware/adware installed on it?

What OS? how much RAM? Anything else running on this machine?

Before you reboot (or after if there is still issues) what does task manager show for CPU, memory usage, page file size, and network activity?
    Any overly large processes running or eating up all the ram?

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Check internet connection or Nic card

Hi
    Can you check your version? If you have the current version 2434 then you are safe. But the version prior to this had a bug and page display and refresh depended greatly upon the server's internet connection.

If you have 2434 installed then I would seriously think that you have some spyware hogging your internet connection or computer. Altough 3CX is not anymore purely dependant on an active internet connection like it was in the previous versions, it still connects to a remote server over the internet intermittently. This is the point where you might find delays. Also I would also reconsider uninstalling and reinstalling the application from scratch.

5. nycherry

Hi All.

Thank you all for the quick tips you all provided. I was a bit surprised at the number of tips.

Actually it was not related to the computer hardware/software/memory or the verison

I am running XP - 4 GB memory , CPU 1 - 50 percent on executing this call page file 4 GB .. 3CX Phone System v3.1.2434.0
    Since this happens only on when I click Line status and Server Status and had recently upgraded Mcafee I thought that may have something to do with it ..I also renamed the trace.log file .
    Stopped the
    McAfee Redirector Service and now the two links Line status and server status works fine. I dont know what the
    McAfee Redirector Service does and I couldn't find much on the mcafee security center on what this is or how to manage it ..

Anyway problem solved .. Thanks all for your quick resposne and help.

Jerry

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

One of the reasons I don't use McAfee - not playing well with others! Symantec is even worse in my experience.

Glad everything worked out for you.