Loging in but not registering line

Discussion in 'Windows' started by esmadja, Jan 14, 2008.

1. esmadja

The 3CX beta client seems to be able to log in as I can see the extentions from the client, yet the Line status doesn't show the extension as registered. also when I try to place a call to another extention (registered using NCH Express Talk) nothing happens.

I am using the 3CX Phone System authentication method.

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

which version of 3cx do you use??? en which version of VoIP Client??
    do you use the headset or the desktop mode???

3. esmadja

I am using 3CX client version 5.0.3763M.0.

From the 3CX server log I see the following;

21:33:43.218 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.0.154:5060 tid=9a14077a6723fe37 cseq=REGISTER contact=10@127.0.0.1:5070 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

I know that the extension and password are correct.

I can't seem to find any logs for the client, where are they?

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

if you are sure (no copy and no paste used) that the usr and psw are correct :!: you have to delete the extension 10, also the line that you are using & configure than. it's maybe work.
    also try to use the stop en start batch file. they work.

5. polyphemos

This happened to me as well. It turns out that the password/PIN must be entered in TWO PLACES in the extension settings in the management console. First under Authentication, then again in Voice Mail Configuration.

Don't know if this is by design or mistake, but once I put the same pwd in both places, registration was almost immediate.

6. asfuture

asfuture New Member

yes! :lol: thats normal. from that extension you can have direct access to your Voicemail box. the advantage is that you don't need anymore your psw to give if you want to check your vm