Logo on Administration Page - add site name in banner

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thiek, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thiek

After digging thru the community posts I see that 3CX does not want people to re-brand their banner for the Webclient but what about the admin page, I do not want to remove the 3CX logo, but I would like to add to it? For example, can I add something like "Breckenridge Facility"?

Currently, we have 3CX rolled out to 4 sites and 11 more to go. We have 3 different administrators going in/out of different systems all day and this would be a nice safety net to confirm we are on the correct system, especially if someone has multiple tabs up for different sites.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why not add this to the IDEAS forum?
    https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/

Would be nice... Settings -> PBX -> System Name field.
    And use this in the Login page.

Seems like it would be easy enough.
    As another option - you could build an HTML page somewhere on your servers (if you have that option) and just have links to all of the 3cx Servers you Maintain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thiek

Sure, I can do this, wasn't sure if I overlooked a post where someone had a solution to this question, or maybe it's common knowledge that I simply do not know of yet.

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Why not replace the png file logo.273f9fab.png with your own renamed to that? Make sure it's the same size and it would fit right in. The name of the webclient logo is logo.png.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 jimbo59, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  5. craigreilly

Then someone from support is bound to RED "X" you as unsupported... :)
    Does it not get over written on update?

And where exactly does this file live?

techclarity likes this.
  6. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Search is your friend for Windows, and locate or find is your friend in linux.
    I didn't say I do it I just said it can be done. I'm a geek.

For sure an update would most likely overwrite it.
    /usr/share/3cxpbx/skel/Data/Http/wwwroot/img/logo.273f9fab.png
    /var/lib/3cxpbx/Data/Http/wwwroot/img/logo.273f9fab.png

/var/lib/3cxpbx/Data/Http/provsubdir/logo/logo.png
    /var/lib/3cxpbx/Data/Http/wwwroot/webclient/assets/img/logo.png

92x34 pixels

#6 jimbo59, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  7. craigreilly

system.ignore

8. Thiek

I did a search on our development system and found the logo in 2 places. C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\wwwroot\img appears to be the one that instantly updates the logo on the admin login window and the banner of the admin web page, AWESOME! of course after clearing my cache. As for C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Updates\AppData\Data\Http\wwwroot\img, not sure what this does but I did change it. And I guess I'll find out what happens when updates are installed, will it stick or not.

My only concern is what jimbo59 said about support red x'ing me if they see this? Joking I hope.

9. tratz

tratz New Member

I have 4 3cx systems. One of my staff modified the logos so that we can easily figure out which of the 4 systems we are signed into.

--Tracy

10. Thiek

Thanks Tracy, so I'm not the only one who gets confused as to which system they are on. The modification your staff member made, did it stick or does it get wiped when an update is installed? I noticed a new update came down last night, 15.5 sp4 so I might find out soon. Also, od you know if there's a way to force the logo change to take place, on this other system I admin I could run a command from the server call pdm_webcache that would push out things like the logo change. Maybe w/3CX I need to reboot.

11. Thiek

UPDATE: I recently installed the latest 15.5 update and sure enough it overwrote the custom banner image I created. Maybe I'll create a batch file that will automatically copy my custom .png banners back to the various servers/sites hosting 3cx.

craigreilly likes this.
  12. samlouis55

I am able to change the logo for the web management but not for the webclient. I change it for the webclient in this repository C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\wwwroot\webclient\assets\img\logo.png. The format is 92x34. Any help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.