Long Connect Time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by StarTrek133, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarTrek133

Hello Everyone,

This is driving me nuts .. I have an office that when you dial out on the Astra 6755i phone it will take anywhere from instant to a min to connect the call .. I have tried placeing phones the 3cx software is running on a decatied computer connected right into the dsl connection .. and still happens every time ..

Any advice ?? I am using callcentric as the provider for now but going to change them to Appai I think here soon ..

Also have the trouble with one phone with where you dial and the phone lights blink and the call is dropped .. I have check the log files and there is no record of that happening ..

Again any advice would be great ..

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Big log (not the easiest format to read)...rather than doing a search through it all...is it an issue of when you dial, and a delay before the digits are being passed on to 3CX, or do you think that the delay is occuring adter the digits have been passed onto your VoIP provider? If you think it is the former, then there may be a dialplan within the set that needs some tweaking (many sets have a "dial" key or use the # to signal that you've finished dialling). If it is the later, then you should be talking to your provider. Is that provider the only outbound route that you have?

3. StarTrek133

Hello Leejor,

thanks for the advice .. for now yea its the only provider we have but we are looking at getting another ..

I honestly am not sure all i know is that when that office dials the number say 8001215475 there is a long pause before it starts to dail .. and then there is that one phone that blinks and acts like you hung the call before it even dialed out ..

This is all new to me so its kinda confusing ..

thanks for any help ..

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this one of the calls that had a problem? This was Ext 2002 calling 3526938659. It goes from 15:29.26 until 15:29.33, only 7 seconds from when 3CX received the digits from the set, until the call was terminated.
    If this is one of the calls you had an issue with, then it would appear to be a set problem. Most VoIP sets have a "dial" button, or use the octothorp (#) to tell the phone that you will not be dialling any more digits and to NOW send them to the SIP server. If the set has an internal dialplan, that can be customized to do the same thing based on the digit strings you usually dial.

If this call is not one you had a problem with, then post a log of just that call.

Or, look over the logs yourself to determine the time period that transpires between 3CX receiving the digits, and the call routing out. If the "wait" is occurring after the digits are sent to your provider, then you should be speaking with them to work out the issue.

5. Cynthia Slade

Pressing the # key when you finish dialing lets the system know you are done entering and to place the call immediately. It will cut down on those delays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.