• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Long Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFeller

Reaction score
I have a client who is a hotel. They are telling me that they are unable to dial long distance from a specific extension. When they try, they get a busy signal. However, all internal and local calls work. This is the only extension that is having this problem. Any ideas? :S

Maybe an outbound rule is matching the extension, and is blocking or misdirecting the calls?

We only have 3 Outbound rules right now. One is Calls with a length of 10 goes to the Gateway and is 0 digit stripping/1 prepend. The second is digit length of 11, calls go to Gateway, 0 digit stripping/no prepend. The third is our 911 rule...which is calls with prefix starting with 911, length of 3, and 0 digit stripping/no prepend. No other rules are set up.

Not to insult you, but there is also a "disable external calls" option, in the Options tab of the extension in the Management Console. I assume you've checked that already? Although I think you said local calls do work, and if that was the problem I think those would be blocked, too.

No other ideas here.

No insult taken. That was the first thing I checked. :D I think my last option is probably going to be to factory reset the phone and reprovision it.

Hi,

What is the 3CX log telling you, when dialing from that specific extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.