Look like a different extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redtail, Mar 24, 2018.

1. redtail

I would like to look like a different extension than the extension that I am making the call from. For example, the phone I am making the call from is extension 101 and I want to call extension 602, but have 602 see my call as if I were making it from 105.

I thought I had seen something like this using dial codes. Where I could dial something like *7 105 then 602. But I cannot seem to find this anywhere now.

I am on version 15.5 using yealink phones.

Thanks

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Redtail,

Why would you want to do this locally ? I would like to understand the use case for this.

You can do this globally using DDI's (if your provider supports it) it is call number spoofing. I cant think why you would want to do it locally however.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything on a simple way of changing your caller ID internally, there is probably not a big demand for that.

But.....because you can (usually), on an external call...what might work, and I say might because I haven't tried this...is to create a "loop trunk". Then you can use outbound rules (you'd have to prefix the extension with something so that 3CX knows to use a rule). Because it is now an outside call, that comes right back in, it may use the caller ID to be displayed on external calls, in the extension settings.

However...that number would be sent on ALL outside calls, made from that extension, which may not be desired.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/internal-extensions-dialing-did-loop-out-and-back-in.40588/

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You could loopback on calls of specific length digits only... (ie: *5222 - is 5 digits long, strip *5 send 222)
    But as the others say, not sure why internally you would want to do this.
    Another option - program the second extension on the handset.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. redtail

Sorry for the slow response guys.

The use case for the example I gave was to have the receiver of the call see the call as coming from 105 not 101 and they would decide to pickup or not based on the extension that was calling. 105 is a virtual extension. 101 is a desktop phone with only one account setup.

Anyways, I have decided to go with a second account on the phone.

So my next question is do you know how to disable Auto provisioning on a yealink t42. The yealink doc. and forums are vague on exactly how to prevent auto provisioning.

Thanks

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

still not clear on the need... if 101 always calls from 105 - then I know who it is still. i might still ignore them.

Anyhow - TO NOT AUTOPROVISION - just do not provision anything on the extension. DELETE all handsets under the Extension-> Provisioning Tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...