Looking for a ready made Webclient Windows app

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Cees Rijken, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cees Rijken

Hi there,

I am an absolute newbie in the 3CX area, so bear with me...

I am looking for a way that the 3CX Softphone for Windows identifies the incoming number and fires an URL, so basically how the SugarCRM integration works, except... my company does not work with SugarCRM, but with a custom built online CRM.

I've been browsing through the online documentation and what I supposedly need it the 3CX VAD, right?
    But before I start diving in, I was wondering if there was already someone out there having developped the same thing I want.

Mind you: this does not have to be free. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for saving me going through the VAD manual and/or refreshing my .NET skills...

If only I could define my own keyboard shortcut in the Windows client....

Cheers,

Cees

2. Cees Rijken

Mmmm, I just noticed that under Advanced Settings --> Behaviour --> External Application, I can launch another client application....
    I will check that out!

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Cees Rijken,

You can use the Launch External Application from 3CXPhone, or you can create a plug-in for 3CXPhone. All the integrations we provide, for example SugarCRM, are plug-ins for 3CXPhone. You can easily create a new plug-in to integrate with your CRM system using the Visual Studio template we provide. Please check the documentation here:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/crm-integration-diy/

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bigdessert

I just set this up the other day as we use a custom crm as well. Fairly easy to get it working but you must know some c# programming.

5. BobMinteer

My company also uses a custom CRM which I developed on the FileMaker platform. I use the 3CX Client for Windows' ability to launch an external program to "fire" a URL that points at the CRM client (FileMaker Pro) which calls a script and passes the caller ID and name info.

To do this, I set the Internet Explorer as the external program to launch and pass the parameters along as:

fmp://*/JobManager?script=external_view&$viewphone=%CallerNumber%&$callername=%CallerDisplayName%

where:

fmp:// is the protocol for talking to my solution
    */JobManager is the CRM Client name running on the local machine (desktop or terminal server)
    ...and the rest are the parameters that I want IExplorer to pass along to my CRM for processing

In my case, this provides my users with screen pops on every incoming call.

Because FileMaker handles calls from external sources as such, I didn't even have to create a plugin to provide all of the functionality that I needed to support my users.

AH2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.