Looking for a RTSP/RTP proxy to pass NAT-traversal problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bdevre, Jun 22, 2007.

1. bdevre

Hello,

I'm looking for a free/cheap RSTP/RTP proxy that will help me pass NAT--traversal problems. It should work together with 3CX on a Windows platform.

Thanks for your advise !

Bart

2. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Hi
    http://wiki.milkfish.org - it can be embeded into broadcom based routers with linux firmware (like Open WTR for instance). Other project:

http://www.iptel.org

I didn't try them with 3CX yet, but.. proxy is a proxy - should work regardles the server type.

Thanks

Marcin

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Which kind of improvements do you expect form that proxy in compare to 3CX native support? It is really interesting.

Thanks,
    Stepan

4. bdevre

The problem is that 3CX does,'t support extentions on different networks.
    Let's say I've got one extension somewhere on the internet and another on my coorporate network. Upto know I only could establisch a connection between them by passing via an external povider.
    example:
    ext. 101 --> external SIP-provider --> (firewall) --> 3cx pbx --> ext. 100

If you have other suggestions, please let me know !!

Bart

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Define, different networks? do you mean different network segments using different IP ranges?

To breach different network segments you can use ISA or perhaps implement different 3cx servers on each segment.

6. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Bart, This is very doable nativley.

Our server acts as a Media proxy as well. If you go to the extension pages you can see that there are two options. "Extension is external" and "Bind to Media Server". Tick them both and register your sip phone from outside your LAN. Be sure to have the correct port forwarding (5060 and Media 9000-9003) and STUN working. You might want to widen that UDP range if you are making several external calls.

Call would work like so:

ext. 101 --> (NAT) --> 3cx pbx --> ext. 100