Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Looking for a solution - OnCall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Been around the block on this one internally.
    Scenario on existing PBX: On nights and weekends, if someone leaves a message in the on call voicemail box (when prompted for On-Call from the After Hours IVR), it CALLS THE ON CALL PHONE from the VoiceMail System. And they enter the extension and PIN and retrieve the message. It will keep calling up to 40 times until they check the messages.

These users carry very basic flip phones with no text messaging or email - because they tend to abuse it... <I know - just fire them :idea: >

I can make an Outlook rule which looks for messages from my phone system with subject "New Voicemail" and trigger an external program - which I created in VB.NET to dial a phone number - it triggers the softphone.
    But - then I have to ensure Outlook is always running to process this rule. And when the phone calls - the person doesn't get any notification to know why they are getting the call. Its just silence. And it will only do it once.

So I am looking for some ideas... hopefully cheap! :)

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.